Nail cutter or scissor Geeg stiletto shape nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayanigirl

Reaction score
Hi girls I'm sitting here just thinking if I want to cut a tip in very short length stiletto shape (as Geeg has done in tutorial ) should I be cutting the tip with scissor or can I use nail clipper . I find using nail clipper much easier ( don't ask why ) .does it make difference in strength I wouldn't have thought so as strength comes from product .... But would it make any difference to lower arch of nail tip .i think I'm confusing myself even lol x

Hi girls I'm sitting here just thinking if I want to cut a tip in very short length stiletto shape (as Geeg has done in tutorial ) should I be cutting the tip with scissor or can I use nail clipper . I find using nail clipper much easier ( don't ask why ) .does it make difference in strength I wouldn't have thought so as strength comes from product .... But would it make any difference to lower arch of nail tip .i think I'm confusing myself even lol x

I would use clippers.
clip to the length desired and leave square.
Next clip ckip at an oblique angle to the exact centre from each side.
Next use your file to remove any corners left from the oblique cuts.

There is not much if any lower arch with a stiletto nail. Which is why most people would sculpt a long stiletto. But a short style you can do quite nicely using your clippers and then refining with your file. The image was done by me using a tip and doing exactly as described above.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Thankyou Geeg . I just remembered I have got your book .i seen all this images there and I'm not a big fan of this shape but looking your pics of stiletto nails I'm falling in love with them but just this length .(still dont like long ones ) Thankyou I will try them on someone with clipping the corners of the tip ,not myself as I have got three small kids . ( sending hugs for all the help ) i

I think the short stiletto can look quite stunning on the right hands. These are actually Samantha's hands and nails and I did these many years ago for a Magazine step by step. I used her hands allot in photo sessions in those days, and there was no such thing as photo shop!! lol You did it right and you got one chance to do it right. :)

The long ones? Generally speaking they are completely impractical and attention seeking in my opinion, lol.

A bit off topic but geeg do you have more than one book out?

Just the one! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back