Nail dangles?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Just seen nail dangles on a nail art website, they look interesting so I went to YouTube to see how they're done and people are using a tiny screw driver type tool they're calling a nail drill!
Is this ok? I've never seen these before is it something you would do on a tip/enhancement only? People are doing it on their own nails I know it's YouTube people will do anything but is this some thing any of you know more info about? Or do you even offer it to clients? If so I'd love to see pics as well I'm intrigued!! X

i used to wear them years ago - used to just push a sewing needle thru my nail and attach a dangle :p

I used to have the little drill when I first qualified over ten years ago it came with my nail art kit. Tbh I have never offered it to clients but years ago I often did it in my own nails and friends.

I used to wear them loads years ago but only ever had them done on an enhancement so can't comment on real nails, but was always done with the little screwdriver tool. really pretty although not seen them for years x

Thanks girls-any experience with clients? Maybe this is something that has gone out of fashion then? I can remember when I was younger we used to do a little hole in our nails with a needle also-God knows why we never attached dangles as I've never heard of them before! X

i had them years ago i think star nails used to do them the hole goes through a nail tip i tried drilling the hole through my natural nail but it splinters round the hole . never tried on clients as the dangle bit gets caught on everything

Sent from my P706 using SalonGeek mobile app

I just used to use a needle on my natural nail (many moons ago while i was at school and before i knew what nail extenstions really were lol)

Didn't Victoria beckham wear these in the 90s as a spice girl 😃 ? I'm sure I had a little kit when I was younger xxx

They are definitely from the 90's era. I used to work at Claire's and we used to do the piercing etc there

I think they need to stay in the 90's 🙈

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've still got the little Stirling silver jump ring with an itty bitty star attached that I used to wear on my pinky back in the 90s. They do catch in everything.

Not sure I'll be putting it to any use again soon though.

😘 x

Latest posts

Back