Nail enhancement removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie

Reaction score
The friend who was my model on my CND Foundation wants product removing from her nails as I always knew she would, she was just helping me out and although she was really pleased with the result does not want to keep them on. Anyway I've bought designer nails nail tip remover and also a pack of 'double dipper remover bowls' from the creative one stop shop (if only that was all i'd bought!!!). Reading instructions for removal in my foundation course manual it mentions putting the solution in a glass dish and then in another dish filled with hot water. Does anyone know if same applies when I use my plastic specially made ones by creative???

The warm water you mention speeds the removal process. i have bought all manner of things for product removal from bowls to finger pods but find the best method is:

rough up the surface of the enhancement with an abrasive
soak a cotton wall ball in acetone/tip remover
place this over the enhancement
wrap the finger with the soaked cotton wall ball in tin foil
leave it for a good 20 minutes
when you remove the foil the acrylic will have gone all gooey, and depending how much has been removed, you can either gently scrape it with an orange stick or very gently buff
sometimes if the product has been applied thicker, it may need soaking a little longer.

hope this helps

Hi there...

just fill the soaking trays you have with acetone, dip the fingers in, cover with a towel to stop vapours from knocking you and your pal out (!) and leave for a good 20mins. Remove fingers and scrape acrylic off gently with an orange stick. If there is some stubborn product (and there likely will be) soak for a further 5 mins. Manicure the nails afterwards and use heaps of Solar Oil.

Kirsten x

Thanks for that i'll try it and see how I get on

I too use the "foil" method described above by Diane.
I think it's faster. JMHO!
*wink*

Latest posts

Back