Nail exams

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jellybaby1970

Reaction score
So, I have been wondering,why there isn't a central nail board set up where you have to do an exam in different aspects of nails, natural, gel, L&P etc, before you can call yourself qualified? Other industries do it, musicians do it, so why not nails? It would definitely sort the well trained from the bad and would be a safety net for clients who go to any old Tom, Dick and Harry because they dont know any better and are told they are with a trained tech. There seem to be a lot of little independent training schools who do quick courses, give out a certificate only recognised by themselves and tell people they are trained. If you had to do exams then it would not matter how you trained, even if you were self taught, you would only pass if you were good enough. Im sure it would also help distributors by everyone having a single qualification that was recognised everywhere. Does anyone else think this is a good idea or am I completely mad?? ;)

So, I have been wondering,why there isn't a central nail board set up where you have to do an exam in different aspects of nails, natural, gel, L&P etc, before you can call yourself qualified? Other industries do it, musicians do it, so why not nails? It would definitely sort the well trained from the bad and would be a safety net for clients who go to any old Tom, Dick and Harry because they dont know any better and are told they are with a trained tech. There seem to be a lot of little independent training schools who do quick courses, give out a certificate only recognised by themselves and tell people they are trained. If you had to do exams then it would not matter how you trained, even if you were self taught, you would only pass if you were good enough. Im sure it would also help distributors by everyone having a single qualification that was recognised everywhere. Does anyone else think this is a good idea or am I completely mad?? ;)

I do agree with you, but every nail company is different and they expect you to do different things. I trained with Bio Sculpture which was a four day course. After that I had to take an assessment 6-8 weeks later and you would either pass or fail. Thankfully I passed but it definately make me work 100x harder as I was determined to pass. I can say now because I had to take an exam where my work was being judged, my standard of work is now really high. I don't believe it would do any harm taking an exam after you have learnt something, It definately makes you work and I think it would make the standards a little bit better. Afterall, anyone can do a one day course and say they are a Nail Technician but whats reinforcing it?

Latest posts

Back