Nail Extension HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahQ

Reaction score
hi all,

I have had 2 girls come back to the salon this week complaining that 3/4 of their extensions just "came off", I've recently opened my salon so really don't want a bad reputation for nail exts. Anyway, they both said the exts started to lift at the side of the stress line where I'd blended?? Could anyone offer some advice please? I use Bellisima gel, which incidently, I have used alot on natural nail overlays with absolutely no problems so I'm wondering if maybe I need a "hard" gel for exts or am I just doing something wrong?? I'm also interested in what other techs do regarding replacing exts for free or do you charge after a certain amount of time?

Thanks x
s.gif

if its less than 2 weeks i would repair a nail for free and if its less than 2 weeks and 3 or 4 have came off then i would say its probably something you have not done right maybe your prep did u make sure nails were dehydrated,make sure u primed,maybe u put too much solution on the nails therefore goin onto skin causing it to lift?? make sure all ur products arent past shelf date!!dont worry sometimes things like this happen for no reason i remember when u first started doing nails and i was putting tips on then acrylic and like 5 of them would fall off the next day i put it down to prep and getting different glue xx

Thanks bubs,

I'm pretty sure I did all the prep etc correctly :irked: I never thought about it being the glue actually,could it be that?

What do you think about the soak off gel? Should I beusing a buff off gel instead?

xxx

None of them lifted from the bottom of the nail by the cuticle, they were actually solid there, lol it's literally at the sides where I've blended the tip in?
I use a tip blender, do you think that may add to the problem? Oh, I'm sooooooooooooo confused, I just want to offer a good product and service :cry:
xxx

if its tips it could be the glue i prefer buff but everyone is different cos you have just opened salon did u say i would offer to remove them a do a full new set on a quiet day and maybe get new glue and go thru aftercare to make sure they are doing all the right things and see if that helps dont worry even people that have been doing nails for years will get the odd hiccup im off to bed nit niote geeks lol xx

Thank you, will try a new glue 1st, nite nite xx

I think I would be more inclined to consider the tip blender over the glue. Do a search on tip blenders on here and see what that throws up but I suspect if there is too much used it could be causing adhesion problems for the acrylic, I've read on here that using a blender can create more problems then they solve.

Why not try to blend yourself and see if that will make a difference? :hug:

Yes, will do, thank you x

Sorry to jump in on your thread, but just on the subject of blending - does the tip need to be completely flush with the natural nail when putting acrylic or gel over? I really struggle to get it completely smooth without a ridge!

Hi Julie, Yes it needs to be flush and you shouldn't be able to see the line at all. HTH x

Latest posts

Back