Nail extensions not staying on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allazwills

Reaction score
Hi all, one member of my staff is having quite a few return clients whose nail extensions are breaking off-I have been over everything I do with her and to me her application seems exactly the same followed by Gel overlays but it is only her it happens too. Can anyone offer and possible explanations for what may be the cause? Could it be that she is applying too much pressure when sticking the tip on? Thanks

Is she building enough around the stress areas? Also, if the tips are too small this could cause them to break easily?

I thought about the sizing as I had that problem when I started out but from when I've seen her her sizing does se accurate - I think I'll have to sit with her again or maybe when she's doing a client but I feel like this will look bad I a client and make her uneasy so she might not perform as well as usual anyway.....what would you do? Thanks!

Do you both use the same equipment ?
Could the bulbs in her lamp be older ?

If the tip was the wrong size, the tip would pop off. If they're popping off in one piece, it's the prep. If the tips are snapping off/breaking, it's down to the strength or the length (or both). Maybe the clients are too rough with them, and the strength isn't strong enough to support them. She would have to pay special attention to where they're breaking off and build that area up a little more for her trouble clients. It might also help to know about the clients. Some people use their nail extensions like crowbars and screwdrivers even though you tell them not to.

Latest posts

Back