Nail & foot files - best ones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz Pinkies

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondered what your preferred nail files are for natural nails, so a 240 grit, would be? Also, are they washable/can be sanitised?

As for foot files - what file do you find best for hard skin removal?

Thanks [emoji4]

Hi Kaz,

You can check out the Izabelle Hammon Ltd files on the Calgel website.
They are reasonably priced and come in packs of 5 and 10 :)

Alison

Thanks Alison. Never heard of this before so will take a look.

Hi ladies, just wondered what your preferred nail files are for natural nails, so a 240 grit, would be? Also, are they washable/can be sanitised?

As for foot files - what file do you find best for hard skin removal?

Thanks [emoji4]
Hii Kaz
I like salon serve nail files they come in packs or can buy them separate they are black in colour and are great! Also the metal handle foot files with replaceable grit pads are amazing for hard skin on feet and can be found in many brands :)

The microplane for hard skin on feet!

Thanks ladies. Do you use nail files that can be disinfected and reused or disposables?
Is the micro plane quite gentle? Thx

Thanks ladies. Do you use nail files that can be disinfected and reused or disposables?
Is the micro plane quite gentle? Thx

The Microplane is amazing. Very effective, and yes I would say it is gentle as the 'grater' type blades are designed so they cannot cut skin. I also use the cuccio foot file with replaceable grit stickers to smooth the heels after.
You can immerse both of these in your disinfectant solution

For nails I use NSI files as they are long lasting and can be washed after use and withstand immersion in disinfectant or be used with spray disinfectant also. HTH x

Great. Thanks Fee! Where do you buy your NSI files from?

Great. Thanks Fee! Where do you buy your NSI files from?

Usually direct from NSI, or occasionally Gemma Lambert's Nail Team site if I want any of the other bits she supplies x

Latest posts

Back