Nail fungus

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slkempy

Reaction score
Hi there,
New to posting on here, but could do with some advice.

I have been doing nails a long time. I have done a clients nails now for 2 years with no issues. The last 6 months every nail seems to end up green.
I throughly clean nail plate before application, do correct prep. Even use CND retention. I dont have this issue with any other client.

shes recently been on alot of medication for pain relief, endometriosis and ibs. Weve even tried gel. Nothing seems to stick. And if its lifts, she glues it which doesnt help the fungal situation.

Im at wits end. Any advice would be appreciated x

Hi there,
New to posting on here, but could do with some advice.

I have been doing nails a long time. I have done a clients nails now for 2 years with no issues. The last 6 months every nail seems to end up green.
I throughly clean nail plate before application, do correct prep. Even use CND retention. I dont have this issue with any other client.

shes recently been on alot of medication for pain relief, endometriosis and ibs. Weve even tried gel. Nothing seems to stick. And if its lifts, she glues it which doesnt help the fungal situation.

Im at wits end. Any advice would be appreciated x

You've been doing nails for 2 years and don't know that green means bacteria "greenie" NOT fungus?? have a read of this article http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unatural/2641-moldy-oldy-fun-guys.html it's very informative :)

Perhaps she should not have extensions until the medication is figured out (if the doctors are still playing with doses) or with the medication she might not be able to have extensions due to the meds. She really should not be gluing them back down, this is what is probably leading to the "greenies" happening since there's air pockets and bacteria being trapped underneath. HTH :)

I've done her nails for 2 years.
I've done nails a long time.
Her medication is on going, she has her own nails not extensions with just an overlay. Think ive cracked it with gel polish now.
Her gluing them was the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done her nails for 2 years.
I've done nails a long time.
Her medication is on going, she has her own nails not extensions with just an overlay. Think ive cracked it with gel polish now.
Her gluing them was the problem.

Overlay or extensions it's the same thing that air gets trapped under the surface and can cause the "greenie". her gluing them down cause dirt/bacteria to get trapped along with air so it's a guaranteed greenie. good though that you figured it out for her :)

I do hope you read the article either way, experience or years in the industry doesn't mean we know everything, were always learning and that's a great article to teach you a bit about greenies etc :hug:

I cant seem to view that link, says dont
have permission.

I understand what you mean about not knowing everything. I know alot about nails, but because ive never had much issue with greenies, never researched much about it. College was 13 years ago. Eek X

Latest posts

Back