"Nail Geek Widowers"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angie said:
I love this site to, my hubby keeps trying to talk to me about "apple i-pods" and l'm thinking "get what u want just be quiet and let me read these threads!!!
Hysterical ;)

Hes broke his ankle so hes home all the time at the mo, (driving me mad) he was in hospital for 2 weeks and that was bliss! don't mean to sound mean, but don't blokes get on your wick sometimes!! Angie xx
sometimes we need our space - no matter how much we love; maybe it's a woman thing :Love:

I too love reading and posting on this site - I try to log on ONLY after the geeklings are in bed! sometimes it's hard though! :irked: i like knowing what makes you all tick, and what you want as nail teks!! it makes me think and it helps me to do my job better!! So Thank You All Too!! :hug:

Mrs Geek said:
I too love reading and posting on this site - I try to log on ONLY after the geeklings are in bed! sometimes it's hard though! :irked: i like knowing what makes you all tick, and what you want as nail teks!! it makes me think and it helps me to do my job better!! So Thank You All Too!! :hug:
...this just made me think - i don't even use creative products (yet!:o ) but there's no wonder that creative are perceived by many to be at the top of the game in terms of what they produce and their reputation as a company - with such a dedicated 'family'.

I know many other companies conduct vast amounts of research to find out what their customers want - but samantha, samuel, geeg et al, spend hours of their own time talking to a massive population of techs across the country - finding out what we actually want, and helping us when we get stuck!

I know this sounds a bit gushy, but I often read previous threads from individuals who obviously work for competitors of CND - arguing the toss about how 'non-independant' this site is:irked: - it makes me laugh! (one of my favourite pastimes by the way - finding old 'battles' - sad, eh?!!:o ) As a competitor, these individuals should be endeavouring to put in the same commitment to understanding their market. At the very least, they should be grateful that they get to search this site and make use of the 'fruits of the creative family's labour'!!

i know this is a little off thread an' all - but it just struck me, and had to share it! (and my boyf doesn't really seem to care! weird eh???:confused::confused: )

so, thanks guys! :hug:

Angie said:
I love this site to, my hubby keeps trying to talk to me about "apple i-pods" and l'm thinking "get what u want just be quiet and let me read these threads!!! Angie xx

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a great site for sure, a wealth of excellent info and always someone there to advise, give opinions etc...love it when I can give my help back too...fab to be able to have direct contact with the 'top' of the industry and always interesting to have a good read (kind of an 'ever changing, interactive magazine' ...nice to read during a break with a cup of tea and a sandwich...always get crumbs in the keyboard tho :eek: :biggrin: ) Thanks to Sam, Samantha, Geeg and all :Love: and looking forward to saying hello 'in person' to more of you soon :hug:

NailGeek Widowers, eh?

Here's my experience. My hubby complained that I spend all my time on the computer, never spent any time with him (obviously I was on the Geek site, much more interesting than watching telly, which is what he wants me to do!). So I spent less time on here, & watch telly with him. Recently we had a big to do about our relationship (many of you know it's not been too good), I wanted emotional support from him, he wanted me to bring in some regular money & stop wearing my rose tinted glasses, thinking I could make my own nails & beauty business a success. I virtually stopped coming here all together.

I agree, it has been going much slower than I'd hoped, and things are really tight, so I've been going for every job out there, be it office, shop, beauty trainee, anything. What emotional support have I had? NOTHING! He hasn't even phoned to find out how I got on today at an interview that he knew I was really, really nervous about (bad experience once, now I'm terrified of interviews, & this one I knew was gonna be long & lots of difficult questions).

The result? I'm gonna come back here when I want. From day one of me coming here I've had more support than I've ever got from him. You guys are a great bunch, & when I leave here I always feel that I've been with friends!

Thanks guys!

PS He's not a bad person, honestly, just doesn't know how to give what I need.

PPS - By the way, I'm not giving up on nails, I'm gonna get some money coming in, save up and do a Creative Foundation course. Reason? - Yesterday I thought I'd better make my nails look prettier for my interview today, & got out my Creative Try Me kit that's sat for a couple of weeks due to the above situation. OOHHH! I love the workability of it (if I love it without training, WOW I can't wait to use it with product training!), and I especially love the colour of the white! I'd left 2 nails with another product on them, & can't beleive the difference! The other stuff looks dull, actually rubbish compared (I'm not gonna name it, rules & all that). Now I see why so many rave about it!

Bud said:
...this just made me think - i don't even use creative products (yet!:o ) but there's no wonder that creative are perceived by many to be at the top of the game in terms of what they produce and their reputation as a company - with such a dedicated 'family'.

I know many other companies conduct vast amounts of research to find out what their customers want - but samantha, samuel, geeg et al, spend hours of their own time talking to a massive population of techs across the country - finding out what we actually want, and helping us when we get stuck!

I know this sounds a bit gushy, but I often read previous threads from individuals who obviously work for competitors of CND - arguing the toss about how 'non-independant' this site is:irked: - it makes me laugh! (one of my favourite pastimes by the way - finding old 'battles' - sad, eh?!!:o ) As a competitor, these individuals should be endeavouring to put in the same commitment to understanding their market. At the very least, they should be grateful that they get to search this site and make use of the 'fruits of the creative family's labour'!!

i know this is a little off thread an' all - but it just struck me, and had to share it! (and my boyf doesn't really seem to care! weird eh???:confused::confused: ) so, thanks guys! :hug:
Well firstly thank you from us all; I didn't think this email was gushy and I was touched because I agree:lol: it is also appreciated :Love: !! I too wonder why other company heads don't get involved - not for lack of asking that is for sure!! I guess maybe they don't have time!! Hmm like I do ;) - seriously, creative or not, like us or not, we here and others are not!! Antonio, Jess and Karen are the only others that I can see as regular posters from other companies and I know this site has had an impact for them too!! We're here to help - SIMPLE!!:Grope: (couldn't resist this icon - too cute)!!

Latest posts

Back