Nail glue on carpet HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcb85

Reaction score
Help me please geeks!
I stupidly spilt my open bottle of nail glue on my cream carpet, tried to mop it up asap but it's completely set and I have a big patch if hard set carpet. Also the carpet smoked when the glue spilt on it!!! :(
Is there anything that will help get the glue out of the carpet? I feel acetone would bleach the carpet.
Thanks for any suggestions

You will probably find that acetone may not take out the colour. Do a small patch test in a corner that is not seen, maybe and area that is usally covered with furniture. Actetone will breakdown the glue for sure, drip small drops (using a dropper) onto the glue patch to dissolve the glue, when softened pick it off. Do not flood it and try to contain it to glue patch only.

Thanks! Will try that today!

If its a long pile carpet you maybe better snipping the glue off with a pair of scissors.........x

I have used acetone when I've dropped nail varnish on my carpet and it worked a treat, do a little patch test though like Myden has suggested. hope you get it out!
Rhiannon x

You can buy adhesive remover from hardware and DIY shops hun - as with anything though patch test first x

Latest posts

Back