Nail growing squint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlot16

Reaction score
I have always had quite long nails, but the last year I have noticed my ring finger nails growing squint, I have attached some pictures. I don’t think it’s my filing, looking down at the c curve it peaks to one side. Does anyone know what is causing this? Any replies would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 56C7E81B-3829-4DBD-8895-ABAEEA28FB2E.jpeg
    56C7E81B-3829-4DBD-8895-ABAEEA28FB2E.jpeg
    645.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 91860340-6C90-4E88-A480-8FC505CB8CCF.jpeg
    91860340-6C90-4E88-A480-8FC505CB8CCF.jpeg
    771.1 KB · Views: 67
Is it not just the length and shape? My nails curve down when they grow too long.. your nails look lovely and healthy x

Your nail looks like it is becoming involuted. I have seen this more often with toe nails and rarely with fingernails. One lady with a nail directional growth shift was old and had some arthritis to the knuckle of the affected finger, so nothing unusual there that could be treated.
Also I have seen the second toenail shift direction of growth on two of my pedicure clients l....they have both sought the advice from their doctor and there is no underlying cause other than natural ageing of the nails.
If I am a litle too observant , you nail is very slim compared with the overall shape of your fingertip. Ther is a lot of space from sidewall to the edge of the finger skin so to speak. Have a look at your other family members to see if this is a genetic trait , it may reassure you , but could be a reason for the change.
Nail change is normal during our lives, so if you are concerned book a routine appointment with your gp and take it from there.

Is it not just the length and shape? My nails curve down when they grow too long.. your nails look lovely and healthy x
It’s just the ring finger nails, it does become more noticeable the longer they are, I hope it’s not too noticeable to others but it really stands out to me.

Your nail looks like it is becoming involuted. I have seen this more often with toe nails and rarely with fingernails. One lady with a nail directional growth shift was old and had some arthritis to the knuckle of the affected finger, so nothing unusual there that could be treated.
Also I have seen the second toenail shift direction of growth on two of my pedicure clients l....they have both sought the advice from their doctor and there is no underlying cause other than natural ageing of the nails.
If I am a litle too observant , you nail is very slim compared with the overall shape of your fingertip. Ther is a lot of space from sidewall to the edge of the finger skin so to speak. Have a look at your other family members to see if this is a genetic trait , it may reassure you , but could be a reason for the change.
Nail change is normal during our lives, so if you are concerned book a routine appointment with your gp and take it from there.
Thanks for the reply, I’m not overly concerned from a health point of view (although hope it’s not arthritis as I’m only 36!) it’s more the finished look after I do my gels. I think all my nails are similar width to the ring fingers and I’ve always had a natural deep c curve.

Hiya ,
it's clearly then a normal trait for you , so I hope that's reassuring to know.
All the best

Latest posts

Back