Nail Harmony acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swhistler

Reaction score
Hi

I know my profile doesn't say I do nails because I don't know how to change it :confused: !! But I do and have a manicure qualification and also do shellac (which I love) and felt acrylics was the next thing to invest in.

I started last week doing nail harmony acrylics and I'm finding it really hard. I feel disheartened, it's taking me 3 hours to do a full set and to soak off it took me 2 and half hours :thumbdown:. I know when you first start out it takes a while to get your technique right and speed down but with the discount salons doing it cheaper and quicker is it too much competition?

My question is do people make a living from it and is it worth completing the course?

Any advise would be really helpful x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I know my profile doesn't say I do nails because I don't know how to change it :confused: !! But I do and have a manicure qualification and also do shellac (which I love) and felt acrylics was the next thing to invest in.

I started last week doing nail harmony acrylics and I'm finding it really hard. I feel disheartened, it's taking me 3 hours to do a full set and to soak off it took me 2 and half hours :thumbdown:. I know when you first start out it takes a while to get your technique right and speed down but with the discount salons doing it cheaper and quicker is it too much competition?

My question is do people make a living from it and is it worth completing the course?

Any advise would be really helpful x

It isn't as easy as it look right? ;)

You aren't trained which is why it's taking you so long.
But Nail harmony courses are amazing and literally teach you so much! It really is worth completing the course.

I can do a full set in an hour & can remove a full set in 20 minutes if I need to.
I use nail harmony prohesion.
x

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for replying cheekychick and yes it really is!

I know and I definitely am going to complete the course I just felt disheartened when it took so long. How long have you been doing them? Any advice on getting my time down?

I've been doing them for just over a year. It's just practice practice practice.
I have all my kit set up on my desk in the order I need it.
It does take me longer to do my own nails though. x

Please don't feel disheartened on the time it is taking you!
I am currently learning prohesion acrylics too and it has taken me 2.5hours to do!!
Like everyone says, practise makes perfect! Our speed will improve in time xo

It isn't as easy as it look right? ;)

You aren't trained which is why it's taking you so long.
But Nail harmony courses are amazing and literally teach you so much! It really is worth completing the course.

I can do a full set in an hour & can remove a full set in 20 minutes if I need to.
I use nail harmony prohesion.
x
How do you remove it so quick do you buff? I take forever to remove gel only. Don't know why the soak off takes forever.

I use a 150 grit file and de bulk a lot of the acrylic by hand & then wrap to soak off the remaining x

I've I my just passed my acrylic course with CND and it takes me up to 3hr to do full set pink&white at the moment. My smile lines are still dodgy too but like one of the other geeks said, get your kit set up at home and practice practice practice!!!!! We'll get there in the end! Xx

Latest posts

Back