Nail Newbie - Bio Sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

destinylove

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I've been browsing Salon Geek for quite some time and I've finally decided to sign up for an account! :D
I have some questions to ask, but first let me explain myself and my future goals.

I recently graduated from high school and was accepted in to a fashion program. This completely backfired because well, fashion is very,very expensive. That's when I decided to follow my second passion: nails! So this brings me to my questions: where should I start?

I've been looking at Bio Sculpture for quite sometime now. I have all the info I could possibly obtain but the problem I have is that it's quite expensive. FYI, I live in Canada, and from what I seen, the nail tech course it a bit different from the US version. I first need to take my Spa Mani and Pedi course and preform 10 manis/10 pedis. It's over 2 grand for this course and then I have to shell out another 2 grand for the gel course. Now, this is no where near what I'd be paying for fashion :cry: but I can't help but feel it's still quite pricey. This does include my supplies but I feel like I won't use the spa kit so much afterward (I find bio sculpture really fluffs up their spa course, they want me to use 3 different types of scrubs!) Oh yeah, I also have another $200 tacked on for towels, foot basin, and liners. I understand that Bio Sculpture is a big name in the industry and that's why I've been looking more in to it than others.

So, what your opinion? Is it a good course for a beginner like me? Do you think I could get a good education elsewhere for perhaps, $1000 cheaper? Or should I suck it up and attend? If I do take it, does it pay for itself quite fast? How much are their paint pots roughly (CND $). I'm quite young so my main focus will probably be a younger clientele and I want to specialize in Japanese nail art.

I would also like some information if anyone uses both akzentz and bio sculpture! I know a few girls who offer both at their salons and akzentz sounds great for a hard gel.

Thanks!

- Destiny

P.S. Sorry it's so long lol :lick:

Latest posts

Back