nail party business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranquil girl

Reaction score
hi everyone

I have had a bit of a slow time at the beginning of the year, i tried everything possible to help my business including doing party's for children, over the last month i have been fully booked every weekend sat & sun with childrens birthday party's.

Max of 9 children £7 per child, filing nails, cuticle oil & small massage and painting there nails and if they wnat nail art on. My problem is that i need to have something to occupie the other girls while 2 of the girls have there manicure I do hold a little nail art compitition but that keeps them busy for 15 mins if that can any give me any idea's what else i can do so the other girls don't get bord?

this is a great little business and i get a great buzz from it seeing the girls go away with pretty little nails.

I would be very happy if any one has any idea's.

Thanks I am sitting in my garden the sun is great happy days!!!!!!!

xxx

I tried this and didn't get much response....seems to be going well for you though well done. When I did it i took my daughters kareokee :irked: if thats how its spelt, anyway you know what I mean......... It kept the other girls occupied while I did the nails

I have done a few childrens parties and find it best if I am just in the corner and each girl comes to me one by one and then the party can get on with itself.
I dont "host" the party as you cannot do a good job on a girls nails whilst watching the other children and making sure they are not bored.

I had a party of 13 girls the other day...all welsh speakers so I didn't have a clue what they were on about, but it was very enjoyable non the less!!
Each girl just picked from my nail art sample board the nail art they liked and I hand painted it all on.
I charge £5 per child, up to the age of 16 then it goes to normal adult rate of £10.

I also give out after care leaflets and leaflets with general natural nail care and give all the girls advice on how to keep their nails nice...which usually amounts to telling them to stop putting their fingers in their mouths!!!

thanks for singing idea, i may give it a go.

there are normally 2 technicians that do the nail party and we only have 11/2 hours for the party. Doing 13 CHILDREN of my goodness i think i would have had to have a very large drink ofter that.

What do you do in your party's for them to go so smoothly? (if you dont mind me asking)

As I said...the children have their party organised by the parent as usual, but during the party each child comes to me and has their nails done.

I dont run the party neither do I host it....I am not saying this is the right way to run a party, but I have found it works, and it is the most cost effective.

Essentially the running of the party and activities are still down to the parent running the party I am just a little sideline sat in the corner doing little masterpieces on the childrens nails!!!

Hi i do these parties too and they are a great success. I do 2 types one is a fairy party for ages 4-8 then i do a top to toe for the older girls upto 12yrs. They are both very different, they fairy parties i bring along 10 fairy costumes all different colours, tiaras and wands. Birthday girl getsfirst choice then the other girls play a game to pick there outfit. They get there faces decorated using face paints, lots of glitter and some jewels for the b-day girl, then there nails decorated. To finish they have a few curls and some glitter spray in their hair. I have to teenagers who come with me, one helps with the face painting and nail art, the other plays party games to kep them all entertained. I charge £120 for upto 10 girls. The older girls i do manicures and pedicures the b-day girls has luxury treatments. They also get nail art on their fingers and toes. I charge £120 for upto 8 girls. I take along one of the other girls to help out, usually i have 4 girls soaking their feet while the other four are having a quick manicure so noone is ever doing nothing. They have been a real success for me if you like i could forward you a brochure if it will help give you some ideas. Hope this helpsxx

Take a selection of DVD's/videos. MAke up laminated pages of your nail art and let them choose. It keeps them occupied and hopefully theyll have decided exactly what they want by the time it comes to their turn. Failing that and if they get too boisterous, take along a bottle of wine and apply as and when necessary! xxx

A bottle of wine is a must after a childrens party, if including boys at the party have before you go LOL!!

Latest posts

Back