Nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VixBeautyFix

Reaction score
Heya :)

In the process of setting up and starting out with my mobile beauty business and am wondering if everybody uses just one brand of nail polish or do they have lots of different ones mixed. Wasn't sure if it looked more professional to have all the same and if so which brands are best?

Thanks in advance

Vikki

Heya :)

In the process of setting up and starting out with my mobile beauty business and am wondering if everybody uses just one brand of nail polish or do they have lots of different ones mixed. Wasn't sure if it looked more professional to have all the same and if so which brands are best?

Thanks in advance

Vikki
Hi Vikki,

Have you had a look at Astonishing Nails ? great products @ reasonable prices, never thought I would change from NSI but did one nail with this product and changed over instantly.

Check out all that jazz.
I have sold all my other polishes now and only use this.
Reasonably priced, excellent colour range, coverage in 2 coats.
Plus they have manicure ranges to match that work perfectly together.(and smell amazing!) xx

I very rarely use normal polish these days, it's mostly gel, but I do have lots of colours in Vinylux and for the amount I use them it's not worth changing my entire collection. x

Great I'll have a look at them, thank you!
Does it look unprofessional to have all different brands on display?

Great I'll have a look at them, thank you!
Does it look unprofessional to have all different brands on display?
My personal opinion is that it will look more professional to have just 1 or 2 spicific brands, but if you're mobile you would only have the colour pops on display for the client so they may not notice several different brands. Also if you are going down the gel polish route, you can get normal polish to match so toes can be done in normal polish to match fingers in gel polish. HTH x

I use CND Shellac and I have about 20 Vinylux so that clients can match fingers to toes. I also have about 20 each of China Glaze, OPI and Venique each with base/topcoats... as well as Seche Vite Topcoat for it' quick dry properties. I stick to these brands only. Any more and it would look like I have a mixed mash of products! Vinylux is okay to match Shellac but I need more vibrant colours and the three other brands provide that. Plus, the neon range in China Glaze dries super fast so it's suitable for children. I'm mobile so it's also nice to paint daughter's nails at the end if she let's mom get pampered first (I have hot wheels cars for boys).

Latest posts

Back