Nail price war!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlo3

Reaction score
I have have had a decline a manis and pedicures even in summer.since we have had so many discount salons in the area opening up.
some charge like 5 to 10 pounds for a mani.how could you compete with that? really annoying..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, don't compete you are two different services, look at your price lists and advertising, do you describe your products and effectively communicate what they get with you?

Your focusing on the negative, you need to understand what sets you apart!
Xxx

Well, don't compete you are two different services, look at your price lists and advertising, do you describe your products and effectively communicate what they get with you?

Your focusing on the negative, you need to understand what sets you apart!
Xxx

You are very right on point there. I sometimes struggle with this too. Though my clients know they are getting a great service but what about the potential clients out there. If I may ask, how did you get round yours? Thanks.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I have have had a decline a manis and pedicures even in summer.since we have had so many discount salons in the area opening up.
some charge like 5 to 10 pounds for a mani.how could you compete with that? really annoying..

Ive found that when people find out i've started out in mobile nails, they instantly say "well, so and so only charges such and such for this and that".

I dont care! I'd rahter have 3 loyal clients than a hundred who want something for nothing. I have targeted 3 neighbouring areas, which luckily are all affluent so dont mind paying for a good quality service.
All my flyers and website etc I clearly advertise the Brands I use and I only use quality supplies (EzFlow, China Glaze and OPI, alhtough I wont be buying more OPI when its gone.) I also explain exactly what each treatment involves:
This is a snipit from my flyer:

EzFlow Spa Elements Manicure £18
Nails are shaped, filed and cuticles tidied up, followed by a tea tree sanitizing soak, a crystal mineral salt scrub to slough away dead surface cells and calluses, buttermint buffing scrub to gently exfoliate the skin, a white tea massage and ginger root moisturise. Finally, polish is applied or nails are buffed.

Because I only do natural nails, no enhancements, I found it also helped to "bulk" out my leaflets and website.
Im also currently working on a ad to go in my car window.
xx

I looked for a year at the way they work and why they are popular and the main reason is ease! They are easy to access and easy to use, I work a lot of unsociable hours because I market on the in your own home perspective, and I can talk to my clients, so a lot of people find this appealing too! I use premium products and am the same price whilst adopting proper principles and I take pride in my work, it may take a while but you get known for this so focus on your reputation.

After a while this will build itself, and always train train train! Expand identify gaps and drive it forward! Xxxx

You'll be great, you already are! Xxx

thank you for ur advice,yeah would have to talk to my boss about putting more info on the price lists.

I refuse to enter into price wars. I charge £25 for Gelish and am busy all the time. Others in my area charge £10. I am not sure how busy they are are but if they are working as many hours as I do they are working for less than half the price!
Work smarter not harder!!

All the discount salons and messers in my area are doing me a favor. They keep bargain hunters away from me. I'm not saying I charge an arm and a leg, but I do value my time. And honestly, some of the people who go into those places are not the type of people I want to deal with. I've dealt with some pretty rotten people when I used to work in those types of salons, and I don't ever wanna deal with them again. The disrespect and inconsideration they have for people who are providing them with a service is disgusting and not worth whatever money they're paying.

Latest posts

Back