Nail Prime with Shellac or Brisa/Lite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

A few weeks ago I posted about a client of mine who is a hairdresser and simply can not keep nail Shellac on her nails.

She is happy if she get a week out of it, I know that my application is fine as all of my other clients are doing well with it and even when she's had Shellac or Gelish applied elsewhere the same thing happens.

She is fine with it only lasting a week...she's got used to the fact that it won't last longer.

However I'm not satisfied with this and have tried double dehydrating her nails (Nail Fresh and Scrubfresh) and even that doesn't work...so I was wondering would Nail Prime under Shellac maybe make it last longer?

I wanted to ask in case it has some sort of reaction, going under the light, or just with the Shellac in general?

Has anyone tried this at all? Is is harder to take off? Does it cause heat spike (exothermic reaction)?

Has anyone tried it will Brisa/Lite too?

I know all of these systems don't require a nail primer, but I really want her nails to last longer and can't think of any other option.

Thanks

You could give Protien Bond by Young Nails a try? :Love:

I've had the same issue with my cousin. No matter what I do the shellac barely lasts 5 days.
Two weeks ago I did them again, this time using YN protein bond and they were still perfect! It was easy removal as usual and she didn't experience any heat spike. I understand it's not CND protocol but it definitely did its job xx

I've had the same issue with my cousin. No matter what I do the shellac barely lasts 5 days.
Two weeks ago I did them again, this time using YN protein bond and they were still perfect! It was easy removal as usual and she didn't experience any heat spike. I understand it's not CND protocol but it definitely did its job xx

wow I'm going to have to try this ! my friend is a nail tech and shellac just won't stay on more than 2-3 days !!!! and I know its not my application because she's applied to herself using her lamp etc and the same thing happens !

Its frustrating !! but I really want to help her have pretty nails :) thanks :)

Hi guys,

I have just tried nail prime under one of clients Shellac!
I didn't get any problems with heat spike or when curing. Fingers crossed it works, I only did them yesterday... Worth a try I thought as my lady really suffers with lifting. I do scrupulous PEP and thoroughly ensure I seal edges etc and it still happens.... We shall see.
Brisa lite smoothing gel is my next port of call x

Hi guys,

I have just tried nail prime under one of clients Shellac!
I didn't get any problems with heat spike or when curing. Fingers crossed it works, I only did them yesterday... Worth a try I thought as my lady really suffers with lifting. I do scrupulous PEP and thoroughly ensure I seal edges etc and it still happens.... We shall see.
Brisa lite smoothing gel is my next port of call x

I've tried it with Brisa Lite and it really does work really well!

I also tried it with the client in the OP but it didn't work...nothing seems to stay on.

What we've realised is, her nails actually split under the coatings, so the coating doesn't have anything to adhere too. And we've tried Brisa Lite Smoothing and the same thing happens.

The only thing that might work is sculpting gel/L&P but she really doesn't want enhancements.

Hoping that this new IBX might be the answer to our problems x

Sorry Mummy Cat, what is the OP? I'm quite new to salon geek and not ofay with the abbreviations yet :)

Is this new IBX system going to be retailed at the Sweet squared stand do you think? Is this the revolutionary thing that folks were discussing on here but nobody knew what the new release was?

With my lady is seems to happen when she puts her hands through her hair and her hair catches in the nail (separates the shellac from the nail) It also only tends to happen on the 2nd and 3rd finger mainly...
It's interesting to know you also tried Brisa lite smoothing and it didn't work. Hmmmm? X

Sorry Mummy Cat, what is the OP? I'm quite new to salon geek and not ofay with the abbreviations yet :)

Is this new IBX system going to be retailed at the Sweet squared stand do you think? Is this the revolutionary thing that folks were discussing on here but nobody knew what the new release was?

With my lady is seems to happen when she puts her hands through her hair and her hair catches in the nail (separates the shellac from the nail) It also only tends to happen on the 2nd and 3rd finger mainly...
It's interesting to know you also tried Brisa lite smoothing and it didn't work. Hmmmm? X

Ah, no worries - OP means original post.

IBX is going to be retailed by Louella Belle...it's not a CND products, I think it's by Famous Names.

It works really well with Brisa Lite Sculpting gel. Just nothing stays on that particular client.

When you're applying your shellac are you being sure to seal the edges and not let the shellac touch the side walls?

guide lines i say ..?if it is not sticking use your know how you have an arsnal of product knowledge put 2+2 together and you get the results i have used primer on the tip from the get go of gel polish and have never had problems with chipping fact primer is great

Is there a specific primer you'd recommend?

Just an update on my ladies nails after using CND nail primer underneath Shellac.... It worked a treat, we got nearly 3 weeks wear out of them.
A little bit tougher to remove in the ends but I'd much prefer this to lifting. X

Latest posts

Back