Nail Psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megfar33

Reaction score
Hey,
I have a client that has come to be asking if I could do her friends nails. She has psoriasis and has been turned turn by a lot of other salons.

My question is, has anyone got it/dealt with it before? I've never seen it and not sure if it makes a difference using gelish etc

My mum has psoriasis on her skin and in her nails (quite bad all over). I did one finger with gelish to test for any reaction and all was fine so we proceeded with a full treatment. She gets fantastic wear with it all still perfect after 6 weeks!! Everyone is different though.

Excellent! Thanks :) ill get her to come in for a tester. It's for her wedding too, I wouldn't want to stuff it up or her have a bad reaction to it.

Hi, have a search for my previous thread on this. My dad has bad psoriasis that affects his nails and u have come up with a good treatment that has really improved the appearance. I used shellac, cut short to avoid any damage as sufferers tend to be prone to onycholysis. U used shellac to help even them out and as he is a man I buff to a matte finish. A woman's nails would be a lot easier as coloured treatments will disguise discolouration. Be carefully with getting alcohol or acetone on the skin and I use a hand mask and plenty of Curial oil and hand cream.

My post has before and after pics from his first treatment. Also ensure she has had a check with her go it is not fungal as I think the reason most salons don't normally treat them is they may be being extra cautious incase of fungal infection.

I got advice from s2 after phoning them, they were very helpful. If you use shellac then the new smoothing gel will be fantastic for ridges etc :) I can't wait to order on Monday so I can use it on my dad.

Hth

Xxxx

Hi, have a search for my previous thread on this. My dad has bad psoriasis that affects his nails and u have come up with a good treatment that has really improved the appearance. I used shellac, cut short to avoid any damage as sufferers tend to be prone to onycholysis. U used shellac to help even them out and as he is a man I buff to a matte finish. A woman's nails would be a lot easier as coloured treatments will disguise discolouration. Be carefully with getting alcohol or acetone on the skin and I use a hand mask and plenty of Curial oil and hand cream.

My post has before and after pics from his first treatment. Also ensure she has had a check with her go it is not fungal as I think the reason most salons don't normally treat them is they may be being extra cautious incase of fungal infection.

I got advice from s2 after phoning them, they were very helpful. If you use shellac then the new smoothing gel will be fantastic for ridges etc :) I can't wait to order on Monday so I can use it on my dad.

Hth

Xxxx

I definitely will have a look at yours. Thankyou that's a big help. I'm using gelish so I might give nail harmony a call and see if they have any advice.

Thanks again!

Xx

Latest posts

Back