Nail reconstruction advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

So, I have a client coming in on Friday for some Rockstar nails and I know that she had an accident when she was younger that damaged her nail bed/plate/matrix so basically her nail grows, but is very damaged.

She usually goes to another tech (she is from out of town) and the tech usually builds a nail for her which lasts for about 10days.

I'm really not used to working with nails that have had anything wrong with them...apart from biters, but as you can see from the picture that this needs much more help.

I currently only use Brisa & Brisa Lite/Sculpt/Smooth...can I use any of these to make her thumb look fab?

Please can you give me some advice.

Many thanks x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376850515.178112.jpg

Make sure the nail that can be seen is very well prepared and the skin clean then just sculpt a short nail straight over it. If there is any possibility that she could be sensitive to gel then gently blend a tip on first using Gelbond.

Make sure the nail that can be seen is very well prepared and the skin clean then just sculpt a short nail straight over it. If there is any possibility that she could be sensitive to gel then gently blend a tip on first using Gelbond.

Hi Mum,

Thanks for your help.

What I'm a bit concerned about is the nail is almost moulded into the skin...if that makes sense.

There is no 'ledge' at the end of the nail, it just grows into her skin.

If I sculpt a nail on or use a tip, I'm slightly worried that it will catch on things for her, causing problems...but I guess I'll just have to wait and see x

Latest posts

Back