Nail salon from home in rented house????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellabella

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been doing nails now for over 7 years, and have worked in few salons renting a table. part time. averaging for 16 hrs a week.
i left my last salon friday mainly due to owners not understanding the basics of running a bath- let alone beauty salon!!!!!!:lol:
i have a good and loyal client base who have been with me for years. so i have decided i want to do my clients form home now, cut over heads and have more flexibilty... going to do my spare room up.
I live in a private rented house with my 5 yr old daughter.
I just want to ensure i do it properly, i currently am on working tax, i get a small amount of help from housing benefit. and declare myself as self employed part time. pay my NINO, have public liability ins. etc.
i just dont know where stand doing it from home?? do i need diff insurance?? can i if in rented property?? who do i need to contact???
so many questions !! hope someone can help!!:rolleyes:

If its rented then your contract will have a clause to say you cannot run a business from home, which usually is more about actually having people visit you etc. I think there more leniant if your just making calls from home etc.

If your council they tend to be a little more flexible if you inform them. If your private rented it all depends on the landlord and the relationship you have with them.

Its best to get permission than get evicted. If your only doing the odd client then I cant see them objecting. Or if you only have a few clients anyway you can always just chance it and if anyone pulls you up on it say there your friends.

Kate

Latest posts

Back