Nail services at a craft fair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulaxxx

Reaction score
Hi I have been offered a table at the local craft fair for £10. Have any of you offered nail services at such an event before? What did you offer and how much did you charge? Xxx

Hi I have been offered a table at the local craft fair for £10. Have any of you offered nail services at such an event before? What did you offer and how much did you charge? Xxx

I've done it plenty of times. File and polish for £5.00. Thats it, nothing else. Chat about your other services and give the clients a 10% off voucher for next time to try and entice them.

I've done it plenty of times. File and polish for £5.00. Thats it, nothing else. Chat about your other services and give the clients a 10% off voucher for next time to try and entice them.

Yes I can see keeping it simple is the best way to go! I like that. It would be 10-1 pm. I guess I would only have to have 4 people to feel like I haven't lost out. Xxx

Hi we have done a few of these type of things at schools, although it might seem a hassell you will probably pick up new clients if you are organised, hope you don't mind but thought it might help if I explain what we do.
You need a mobile manicure table if poss or see if there will be a narrow table you can use and at least two chairs
Lots of menus of the treatments you offer normally and your contact details so people can help themselves if you are busy
A lockable cash tin
A clip board with an appointment time sheet with slots say 15min apart so if you can get a few people booked in they wont be disappointed or get fed up waiting, they can go off and come back, we have sometimes taken a £1 booking fee if there are several other nail bars there ( when they pay they give you £5 and you give them the £1 back that way you won't end up with loads of coins)

I'm sure there are lots of other things I could think of but may be these might help. If you can get a friend to go with you all the better.

Good luck
jane

How do you find where the local craft fayres are on? Where do I start looking? My two boys are in nursery so I'm not sure what the local schools are doing until they join

Google stallfinder thats where i find a few in my area

I've done a few and am doing one next weekend, they've always been quite successful if not just for getting your business known a bit more. I do a bit of nail art too, especially if it's a vintage fair, little roses or flowers go down well!
Good luck :)

I've done Shellac/gel polish at these before! If not you end up with people getting normal polish then coming back 15 minutes later asking you to fix a few smudges. You don't want to come across as rude and say no so it just takes so much time, it's not practical to have clients sit waiting at the table for the polish to dry when you could be doing someone else. Plus they're gonna want to continue to browse afterwards.
It's also great for introducing people to gel polish! You might find clients who would never have come into a salon to try the product and end up hooked and become regulars!
A sign with quick points like glossy, chip free for 2 weeks, instantly dry' etc would catch people's eye. €15 would be cheap but not too cheap that you wouldn't make a profit.
If you think people wouldn't pay €15 then maybe have the option for normal polish too for €5.

I wondered about gel polish but it's from 10-1 so realistically how many am I going to get through in that time? 3? Maybe 4?

I wouldn't offer gel polish personally as most people don't usually take a lot of money to these things therefore a £5 file & polish is rather reasonable and you'll be able to fit lots more in.

Make your table really attractive and you'll be really busy, as already said pricelists, business cards etc.
I took shellac leaflets when I did my last one (as I was offering vinylux so alot of the colours are the same) and all my colour pops & additives so people could see my kit & what I offer, they got a lot of attention.

And I've found a tub of celebrations or sweets are an excellent conversation starter if your a bit shy like me! Lol
Xx

Latest posts

Back