Nail services one day a week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelcmn

Reaction score
Hi all, I was just wondering if there are any of you out there that just offers to do nail services one day a week only. Has this worked for you?

Not really. To break into the market you would need to offer more days.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could you do a couple of evenings alongside the one day? When I was working at my full time office job I done evenings and weekends because they were really popular.

Could you do a couple of evenings alongside the one day? When I was working at my full time office job I done evenings and weekends because they were really popular.

Hi, yes I have a main job but would be able to offer weds and weekend and evenings. What timings did you or do you offer during the week? Where have you based yourself? Mobile or salon? Many thanks x

Hi, yes I have a main job but would be able to offer weds and weekend and evenings. What timings did you or do you offer during the week? Where have you based yourself? Mobile or salon? Many thanks x
I was renting a room for a short time last year and worked after 6pm on a weekday and all day Saturday. It was by appointment only so I only went in if I had a client. I now do nails full time and rent a table in a hair salon x

You'll need to offer a few days even if it's just for a couple of hours here & there

I'm mobile and started off just doing evenings, as I've got busier I've increased my hours and decreased my hours with my other job

Long term are you wanting to be a full time nail tech? As you get busier there'll come a time to bite the bullet and give up your other job and build up a client base, it daunting but you'll get there if the passion for nails is there

Good luck xx

I do two days a week and I am really busy!

Sent from my SM-G900V using SalonGeek mobile app

I only do one day a week in a hair salon and I'm desperately quiet. Started off mobile Tuesday and Thursday evenings alongside my salon Saturday, but I'm lucky if I get one client each Saturday. It's probably my doing as I've not got a lot of time to promote myself - I've got 4 regulars but I'm losing money rather than making

I only do one day a week in a hair salon and I'm desperately quiet. Started off mobile Tuesday and Thursday evenings alongside my salon Saturday, but I'm lucky if I get one client each Saturday. It's probably my doing as I've not got a lot of time to promote myself - I've got 4 regulars but I'm losing money rather than making

Have to persevere! Are you busy mobile? X

You'll need to offer a few days even if it's just for a couple of hours here & there

I'm mobile and started off just doing evenings, as I've got busier I've increased my hours and decreased my hours with my other job

Long term are you wanting to be a full time nail tech? As you get busier there'll come a time to bite the bullet and give up your other job and build up a client base, it daunting but you'll get there if the passion for nails is there

Good luck xx

I've tried mobile, I don't seem to be very lucky getting clients :(

Have to persevere! Are you busy mobile? X

No not really. It's my own fault, I'm really busy in my day job and working 6 days a week is killing me so the last thing on my mind is getting my arsenal into gear to advertise, promote etc. Nobody to blame except myself. I don't get walk ins which I originally thought would be what I could rely on so my bubble burst really and I got a bit disheartened.

No not really. It's my own fault, I'm really busy in my day job and working 6 days a week is killing me so the last thing on my mind is getting my arsenal into gear to advertise, promote etc. Nobody to blame except myself. I don't get walk ins which I originally thought would be what I could rely on so my bubble burst really and I got a bit disheartened.

Aww I'm sorry to hear that.. It's frustrating isn't it!?!.. Don't give up Hun, but it is hard to make that transition when you already have an income from another job.. Get advertising!! X

Latest posts

Back