Nail stamps-which ones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzH

Reaction score
Hiya, as I'm Rubbish at art I thought I'd try a cheats way of stamping for some clients. I bought a cheap kit & it didn't work! Any ideas which the best ones are to use? Thanks in advance :)

I wouldn't go for a kit as such.

I love the Yours Sasha Gossen plates. They look amazing on the nails and are very easy to use. I love the creative stamper and scraper to go with this.

The plates can be bought from Alexandra at Nail Artisan and the stamper is from Rainbow connection. Both are brilliant. Alex also stocks loads of great stamping polishes. I've bought a lot from her and she's very helpful.

HTH

I wouldn't go for a kit as such.

I love the Yours Sasha Gossen plates. They look amazing on the nails and are very easy to use. I love the creative stamper and scraper to go with this.

The plates can be bought from Alexandra at Nail Artisan and the stamper is from Rainbow connection. Both are brilliant. Alex also stocks loads of great stamping polishes. I've bought a lot from her and she's very helpful.

HTH
Brilliant! Thanks Hun xx

I agree with Stook over the Creative stamper from Rainbow Connection, it's the best stamper I have and I have three or four. For plates I really like MoYou London. Be careful looking up MoYou London as there is another company also called Moyou which is very confusing! The MoYou London plates are rectangular and have a plastic backing attached.

In terms of the kit you have - did you remember to remove the plastic film from the plates? What polishes are you using? Not all polishes stamp well including some sold as stamping polish, it's a bit hit and miss. If the stamper is the problem sometimes priming it can help.

I agree with MoYou stamping plates. There's so many different designs to choose from. They do lots where you get a stamping plate, a stamping polish and a rectangular stamper which I found great value.

*they do kits

How do you prime the stamper?

Thanks. X

I bought my squishy head stamper from Joliepolish off Instagram and it is AMAZING. it kicks Konads butt [emoji8] and after each stamp I dab it on a piece of duct tape or something similar to clean it off. I have a few plates from Konad and Pueen so far which are good but I will be expanding to Moyou and bundle monster and well ... All the other suppliers too.

I have a sticky lint roller - the type you use for removing fluff from clothes - which does an excellent job of cleaning your stamper pre and post use. The Creative stamper needs no priming but if you do need to prime your stamper don't use acetone or any liquids. Just wash the head in washing up liquid. X

If you check out Sarah r on YouTube (therealmrsgrey) there are fantastic reviews regarding different products etc I use moyou über chic , the creative shops tampers great but diff stammers work better with diff plates and make sure you are using the correct polish x

Moyou are amazing, but be careful it's very easy to get addicted!! They have SO many plates to choose from. They do a starter kit for about a tenner which is really good value and has a plate, polish, stamper and scraper. I have quite a few stampers and I think it takes a while to practise and find your favourite unless you're lucky with your first! Some are sticky, non-sticky, the one in the moyou starter kit is sticky which they say is easier for people who are new to stamping.
And I agree with checking out YouTube videos, you'll pick up loads of tips.
Good luck and have fun! Xx

As Mezmereyez advised, Sarah R has quite a lot of videos on stamping, plates, stampers and stamping polishes, which have lots of great tips in them.
Successful stamping is down to quite a few variables, a stamper/polish may work with one plate/image but not another. Also what one person is comfortable using, may not work for someone else.
I would also agree with Carla-Laa, it is very addictive. I have a rediculous number of plates, because if I watched a tutorial, I had to have the plate/polish/stamper. As I am mobile it means I end up taking a few popular plates/tools with me and end up with a lot of plates/money just sitting there.
I love MoYou London plates, but the smaller images are quite small.
I have tiny fingernails and the small images only just fit my thumbs if they are long.
Also, sometimes an image on a MoYou small plate is just a cropped down version of the same larger image on an XL plate. The image may not have been resized to fit a smaller nail, they just chop off part of the image to make it look smaller.
This isn't always the case but if you find a MoYou plate you likes and the same image is available in small and XL, I would go for the XL one as then you can use it on larger nails and smaller ones.
As with a lot of techniques, practice, practice, practice.
I original bought a very expensive Konad kit about 8 years ago but couldn't get on with it. But since gel polish I love, Love, LOVE stamping, it's my fav technique. Don't give up and enjoy playing.

I agree with Stook over the Creative stamper from Rainbow Connection, it's the best stamper I have and I have three or four. For plates I really like MoYou London. Be careful looking up MoYou London as there is another company also called Moyou which is very confusing! The MoYou London plates are rectangular and have a plastic backing attached.

In terms of the kit you have - did you remember to remove the plastic film from the plates? What polishes are you using? Not all polishes stamp well including some sold as stamping polish, it's a bit hit and miss. If the stamper is the problem sometimes priming it can help.

Hi, so I purchased my MoYou kit & am ready to use today! So I do my shellac & cure.. Do I top coat? Then remove tacky layer & stamp? Or stamp onto the colour?

Do I stamp using shellac or normal polish? Do I finish with a shellac topcoat or nail varnish top coat? I'm confused??

I agree with MoYou stamping plates. There's so many different designs to choose from. They do lots where you get a stamping plate, a stamping polish and a rectangular stamper which I found great value.

Hi, so I purchased my MoYou kit & am ready to use today! So I do my shellac & cure.. Do I top coat? Then remove tacky layer & stamp? Or stamp onto the colour?

Do I stamp using shellac or normal polish? Do I finish with a shellac topcoat or nail varnish top coat? I'm confused??

If you check out Sarah r on YouTube (therealmrsgrey) there are fantastic reviews regarding different products etc I use moyou über chic , the creative shops tampers great but diff stammers work better with diff plates and make sure you are using the correct polish x

Moyou are amazing, but be careful it's very easy to get addicted!! They have SO many plates to choose from. They do a starter kit for about a tenner which is really good value and has a plate, polish, stamper and scraper. I have quite a few stampers and I think it takes a while to practise and find your favourite unless you're lucky with your first! Some are sticky, non-sticky, the one in the moyou starter kit is sticky which they say is easier for people who are new to stamping.
And I agree with checking out YouTube videos, you'll pick up loads of tips.
Good luck and have fun! Xx

I made the mistake between Moyou Nails and Moyou London! [emoji85]

I'm not a fully qualified nail technician with experience of stamping on gel so I consulted my friend who is, she says it's best to stamp before the top coat whether it's hard gel or gel polish but make absolutely sure the regular polish you've done the stamping with is 100% dry before applying top coat and curing otherwise the regular polish will shrink and spoil it. She doesn't like doing it in the salon because of how much extra time it takes waiting for the drying.

Latest posts

Back