Nail sticker/decals/transfers help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabelm

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently had a client ask for batman nails so I purchased some nail stickers

1399024097407.jpg

They are the type where you cut around the shape and then peel away from the backing paper (otherwise they would all come off together) with tweezers and press on to the nail. I applied over Gelish (colour so still had inhibition layer) and applied TIO twice to seal in. This was Tuesday.

1399024329840.jpg

Today my client has messaged me to say that its peeling away around the edge of the sticker

1399024421750.jpg

Her nails on this hand were quite short but its happening on both nails. Any ideas on why this has happened and how I can fix it? Could it be the type of stickers or my application? Or both? I am due to go to her next week to repair them

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3

I have found that gelish topcoat doesn't like decals they rub off and lift. I stick to using stamps like Konad and moyou. I still use decals on shellac and they are perfect.

I have some dashing diva stickers on my gelish at the moment and have used a later of structure over them it's holding them on well. So I would recommend that.

I have found that gelish topcoat doesn't like decals they rub off and lift. I stick to using stamps like Konad and moyou. I still use decals on shellac and they are perfect.

I have some dashing diva stickers on my gelish at the moment and have used a later of structure over them it's holding them on well. So I would recommend that.

I find that artisitic colour gloss (the sister of Gellish) is the exact same, it really doesnt like water decals and I recently tried minx and it was the same :sad:

I also stick to konad and moyou stamping. xxx

I wonder how well she followed aftercare? I only use shellac so can't comment on longevity with your product, but from the pic it doesn't look like she's been using solar oil as often as needed (or equivalent)? Try on yourself to test how long they last, that's what I do xxxx

Latest posts

Back