Nail Tattoos Check it out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovelyisLacey

Reaction score
I came across this site while looking for nail art. It says the needle merely scratch the surface of your nail and does not penetrate your nail or your skin, but is it ok to do? It must be more harmful than just buffing the nail. His art is pretty but I don't believe I will be trusting a tattoo artist to tattoo my nail bed any time soon. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

http://www.airbrushmagic.com/fingernail.html

ow! does it not hurt???
x

Why would you want to have anything to show off how so obviously uncared your nails are?
Most of those nails are quite awful, surely if you want to show off beautiful nails you would do just that and those nails let his art down.
Having said that, its not for me, I`ll stick to freehand or airbrush art!

Think i will stick to water decals for that sort of affect, much kinder to the nails and easier and cheaper to apply.

with most things i am of the mind 'each to their own' and what appeals to one person may not appeal to another.....
my query is this....i know there is mention that a lighter touch is needed to only scratch the top of the nail bed but surely as a tattoo artist and not a nail technician he may not know how thick/thin the nail plate is so there is every chance he could penetrate the nail bed, especially if the client has extremely thin nails....if the needle is penetrated to deep then the pigment will go through the nail and onto the nail bed which could possibly remain there permanently as a tattoo does.
as a tattoo artist and semi permanent make up technician (as well as fully qualified beauty therapist and nail technician) i know i would definitely not consider offering this a service to my clients.
it is clear from the first images on his website that he is using a traditional coil machine which is extremely powerful.....would it be that easy to exercise that much control over such a machine on the natural nail considering how peoples natural nails vary from person to person??

I think they look disgusting and to put a tattoo on a nail must damage it some way. But you thing they would do a good nail prep first just to make them look a bit better. My view is no thankyou.

i dont like the look or the idea....i can just see all the damaged nails from "clients" who had half the tatoo still on and got sick of it so tried to file it off....!!!!! ouch!!!!

some people will do anything to make a quick buck.....

Ignoring the safety & hygiene side of it, I think they could look nice on nice nails BUT what is the point? You can get the same effect from decals or even hand-painted/airbrush art plus you are stuck with it until it grows out. Imagine how it'll look if you had it done then it starts growing out, you'd have to file it down & lose it bit by bit, how scruffy would that look with half a pattern?! I certainly would have chosen nicer toes to demo on!

I was going to say exactly the same thing Debs! Shame really 'cause the art itself was very good, but like you say, he may as well have displayed them on a chimps toe nail!
Debs said:
Why would you want to have anything to show off how so obviously uncared your nails are?
Most of those nails are quite awful, surely if you want to show off beautiful nails you would do just that and those nails let his art down.
Having said that, its not for me, I`ll stick to freehand or airbrush art!

Latest posts

Back