Nail Technician looking to start tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaytee88

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was my first visit to Professional Beauty this year and I absolutely loved it!!

I spoke to a few of the spray tan companies as this is my next step and obviously they are all better than each other etc so was after your advice.

I have looked at sienna x but typically they have the most expensive kit at £700 which to be honest I cannot afford ... But I'm impatient and can't save ha.

Can I buy a different systems tan machine or a non branded one and use sienna?

What do you professionals recommend me doing?

I will be booking my course tomorrow hopefully :)

Thanks
X

I trained with sienna x and bought the kit,its a lot of money to fork out but would defiantly recommend it,worth every penny,I've tried other tans as I wanted to offer my clients a choice but nothing comes close to sienna x x

I would have a look at Nouvatan...they weren't at pro beauty but they do a great kit with free training with it (I think - maybe double check that!!). The colour is great and their customer service amazing! Have a little search on tan brands as there's loads on them. Good luck x

id highly recommend nouvatan, excellent customer service and im more than happy with my product. id give them a phone!xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Sunless solutions also retail and train out of Capitol they do some brilliant machines mine has lasted me years!
At the moment if you purchase one of their new tents you get free training as well.
You can always use any solution regardless of who you train with I think we all have our favourites but it pays to keep a head of the game and try out a few different samples from time to time, I'm currently using suntana my clients love it, I've previously used tantrick, sienna x, sunless solutions and aviva labs.
Tantrick was my favourite but it's not the same as it was back in the day lol
Hth
Xx

Well I'm glad I found this thread as I'm also looking to do tanning. N had no idea which brand to go with.
Any one done fake bake course?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Do your research before hand of what local salons have & charge, what mobile tanning is available in your area, then figure out if it's worth it.

I trained with Fake Bake thinking that i could do it & make a decent profit, boy was i wrong !!

When i did my training they advised you to charge a MINIMUM of £15-18 to brake even. However all the local salons to me charge £10 for a Fake Bake & the couple of mobile tech's charge £15 ...... since the costs to me to do a tan are so high, it's not worth it.

The ONLY way i'd brake even would be tanning parties & since i've been advertising these since November, the grand total of parties has been 0.

If the hair salon i'm renting nail space in didnt have Fake Bake in already i might have done it there, but there's no way i can compete & make a profit at those prices.

When i did my training they advised you to charge a MINIMUM of £15-18 to brake even. However all the local salons to me charge £10 for a Fake Bake & the couple of mobile tech's charge £15 ...... since the costs to me to do a tan are so high, it's not worth it.

Yeah, see I was told £10 for the first 10 clients and then £25 as we dont want to 'cheapen the brand and us as therapist's' but its so hard with local competitors.

Latest posts

Back