Nail technicians advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She never turned up!

If she has been to a an non standard salon (NSS) then there is every possibility that her nails are trashed underneath the existing acrylic in which case it's better to leave the product on and simply infill allowing the previous work and any damage to grow out.

If you remove the product and her nails are in a seriously bad condition then the chances are that your acrylic wouldn't last and the client will be likely to return to the NSS again, which isn't good for either of you as you would lose a potential regular client and she will stick to having her nails trashed.

I was told in my training to never infill another techs work, because if the nails are removed and thers an infection or an issue, even though it may not be from your doing you will be liable for it because youre the last person to do them

I was told in my training to never infill another techs work, because if the nails are removed and thers an infection or an issue, even though it may not be from your doing you will be liable for it because youre the last person to do them

When you rebalance the nails you can tell if there's any infection there, and if so then obviously you would need to remove, but if there are no issues then there is absolutely no reason why you can't infill. In fact doing so would be a waste of time and product and an unnecessary additional expense to the client.

Well. I'm just saying what my educator said the other day. She did in fact say infections arent always obvious because they may be trapped under the acrylic that's still laid down and not necessarily become active until the air hits them

Well. I'm just saying what my educator said the other day. She did in fact say infections arent always obvious because they may be trapped under the acrylic that's still laid down and not necessarily become active until the air hits them

Providing there is no lifting and the product is fully secure then there can be no chance of infection. Bacterial infection occurs when moisture gets trapped underneath the acrylic when there is lifting. If there is no lifting then no need to remove.

Hmm.. i dont think that makes much sense to me. Fungus couldnt because it needs water to thrive but there can be bacteria under there without lifting if the bacteria was there when the nails were laid. Obviously bacteria is so small it wouldn't necessarily cause lifting but may get trapped under the acrylic if the technician was unhygienic and could lay dormant until the nails are later removed.

Latest posts

Back