Nail techs - residential/retirement homes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIX1284

Reaction score
Hi I just wondered if any of you nail geeks offer treatments to residential/retirement homes, and if do is it worthwhile?
I was thinking of offering some of my local homes manicure/pedicures a bit like how hairdressers go in and offer their services but not sure if its something that would take off or a bit of a back burner?

it can work. done a few sessions here and there in a residential home. secret is to yes give appt for next time, but phone to double check clients in, not on day trip, family visiting, hospital appointment etc.

if you offer spa mani, bring in cards for staff, cos they may not be able to wear polish/ enhancements so think you have nothing to offer them.

possibility of retailing hand creams too to both residents and staff - using generic alcohol rubs can leave hands really dry.

also, some men might like cuticle work done and possibly a matt finish mani.

i do some nails at an over 65s "extra care" retirement flats where my mum lives, people live in own flats but reassurance of on site warden.

once i've had my CND Vinylux, i'm going to offer the warden a free mani and they have a weekly coffee morning, so will ask can i demo there and see if they like it.

tried telling them about Shellac, but the UV light wasnt popular, yes I know it's safe, Doug Schoon in his article says it's safe, but these ladies are pretty set in their ways, so i hope vinylux will be the answer as i'm not a fan of regular polish.

hth xxx

I've been going to one twice a month for the last 4 years. However my situation is different as I am classed as an "activity" like yoga, flower decorating and day trips; therefore the home pays me for the hours I do, not the residents.

I've tried other homes in my area, even on a resident paying basis but they've either already got someone or they're not interested. I hope you have better luck.

Thanks for your replies - think I will give a few a call see if there's any interest an if so maybe offer a free trial run to see what they think/whether it worthwhile

Goo to know some of you do have successes

Latest posts

Back