Nail tip adhesive allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulip04

Reaction score
Hi everyone.... so I have an allergic reaction to nail glue and I really really want to do a set on my nails. Is there something else I can do? Btw my nails are very very short. Natural nail growth is a no no for me since alopecia attacked my nails too and they dont grow or else they break immediately.

Ps: I am also reading on internet that if you are have an allergy towards nail glue, you also have it towards gel, acrylic... etc.. because they also have the ingredient acrylate

Is the dip powder system good for me to give it a try? But I think i still need to glue tips then....

Sculpting is an option? However you really need to get to the bottom of what your allergic to properly with patch testing

Hi coco
Sculpting is an option? However you really need to get to the bottom of what your allergic to properly with patch testing

Thankyou for replying ❤ it seems that even sculpting is not an option because when I had the first bad reaction I had gel natural overlays. Also I read that even the 'gelish/soak offs' have acrylate in them

The dip system wouldn't be good for you either I don't think as you use brush on glue/resin. I have a ton of allergies but am OK with NSI Secrets which has no odour - but if you reacted to a gel overlay that might not be any good either.

Some people do seem to be able to use some brands and not others, NSI Secrets to a mini trial kit that might be worth trying.

The dip system wouldn't be good for you either I don't think as you use brush on glue/resin. I have a ton of allergies but am OK with NSI Secrets which has no odour - but if you reacted to a gel overlay that might not be any good either.

Some people do seem to be able to use some brands and not others, NSI Secrets to a mini trial kit that might be worth trying.

Thankyou so much for your reply ❤ I will try to give NSI secrets a try xx

Latest posts

Back