Nail training query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovelygirl85

Reaction score
Hi

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but if you can give me some advice - that would be great.

I've been interested in the beauty industry for a while and have decided to undertake some training in the evening at my local college (starting in september). Please see link:
Nail Technician (Tuesday Evening)

This course lasts for the whole year and looks pretty good!

Then I noticed courses at another college, these ones are shorter:

School of Beauty, Sports and Health
and
School of Beauty, Sports and Health

Now i'm really unsure which one will be best?? Can anyone shed any light? Thanks!

hi...now i may be being a little stupid and blonde!!...but neither state what qualification you will receive at the end if it...ie: an nvq.

it may be worthwhile ringing both places to find out, and then ring some insurance companies to see if they will cover you once youve finished on the course.

this is a difficult one to answer, as there are so many opinions out there.
SOME colleges, not all, i have read are a complete waste of time with ref to courses in nails and training, as the trainer itself doesnt work in the nail industry and has no passion for it. also ive read some people be given wrong information about such basic, and important information.

alot of people on here will recommend, if you have the time, to do a foundation course with one of the larger nail companies within the industry..ie: creative, opi, nsi, ezflow etc....there are alot of posts on here ref training.

i havent trained with creative, but they are the only nail company to win awards for their training and products.

hope this helps you a little bit. sorry i couldnt be of more help xx

Can you give me the names of some insurance companies?

Reid Kerr College your first link has a good reputation for it's nail courses. The courses are taken by lecturers who are experienced nail technicians. The qualification obtained is recognised by Insurance companies.

I was speaking to a few girls who are about to complete the current course last week, and they of course are still a bit nervous about taking their training wheels off :lol: but I was impressed by their knowledge.

You will do manicure first before moving on to the artificial nail structures (nail enhancements).
Good luck with whatever course you choose.

Thanks Isabel!! That's great!! I've been a bit worried which one to choose but you've made it so much easier!!!

So are they going on to work now? Or do they have to do further training?

The students I spoke to were planning on being mobile initially doing friends and family alongside their main job.
They were also enquiring with me about Design courses and working with colours.
However this was for a few months from now as they are intending getting to grips with the basics first and getting some experience under their belt. (Very wise)
Finishing your first Nail Course is a bit like passing your driving test, you need to get out there without your L plates for a while gaining experience before you decide on the next Course to do.
Every Nail Technician should always keep updating her Education, whether it be specific troubleshooting courses, or intermediate or advanced courses.

Latest posts

Back