nail training workshop kings heath bham

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetpea9680

Reaction score
Hi,
Im new to all this so bare with me pls!!Im currently on mat leave with my baby and really interested in becoming a nail technician.Ideally id like to do it at a night school local to me but cant seem to find one.I have done some research and found a company in kings heath that train the seperate aspects of nail tech,each course over 2 days.Is there anyone who has used this conpany named above or anyone that knows a night school course i could do.I want to learn properly and dont mind investing the money but want to come out of it with something proper and professional.Too many companys seem to just want to make a quick buck and say your trained in a matter of hours.I would be greatful for any help on this.I live in tile cross birmingham.Thanks:green::Grope:

Hi Chick

I trained with Amanda from Nail Heaven in Shrewsbury on a one to one. She is a lovely lady and a great trainer.

Also I did Beauty therapy at Bournville college and I think they do a seperate nail course in the evenings.

I don't know if this is useful? Have you looked into NSI, Young nails, creative and EZFlow???

I have a quick look at the course, to be able to cover all the antomy and Physiology of the nail and Health & Safety and then filing techniques and then tip and overlay.......................................honestly.............................if you want to be even a little bit good at what you do.......................there is not enough time to learn this is this time scale !!!

You can do four day courses with more reputable companies. But theses four days are spaced over time. You are expected to go away and do your homework and to practice like mad !!!

There is more to nails than just chucking a tip on and overlaying !!!!

And then you have to look at what after sales service are they offering you???? With the reputable companies you have dedicated teachers who you can call with your problems , if you need one to one its available. There customer service is second to none !!!!!

I really would ask you to think again, this is a quick course but is it really going to make you a good technician ???????????????????

I've just trained with Young Nails, in dublin but I know they have a training program in the UK, just check out their website www.youngnails.co.uk/.

The course was run over 3 weeks, it was 3 full sundays 10 -4. There is someone to phone and answer questions to you throughout your course and afterwards, you just phone up. We had to pratice on at least 10 sets of nails inbetween and each were timed- to build up your speed. Really feel confident about what i'm doing now.

They also offer free 6monthly refresher courses, which is a half day. I think this is great and it prevents you from picking up bad habits.

Am so enjoying it, the products are really good and have heard nothing but good about synergy young nails products on this website - so i'm happy. They are prob a bit more expensive but if you check out ebay - prob will get them a little cheaper.

The best of luck.

Redser :)

Latest posts

Back