Nail treatments including Shellac, with a drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hi all

I have been browsing the net for a space to rent or job and found this ad.

I know for SG reasons I can't put who the company is but here is the description of the job.

Job Purpose:
Serves customers by shaping, lengthening, strengthening, and dressing fingernails, must be able to perform shellac, gel and arcylic by use of drills.

Duties:
* Maintains supplies by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing orders; verifying receipt.

*must be able to perform shellac, gel and arcylic by use of drills.

* Prepares fingernails and toenails by removing nail varnish, cleaning and softening nails and tissue.

* Shapes nails by cutting and filing ends.

* Lengthens fingernails by applying nail wraps and tips.

* Dresses nails by applying nail varnish or sculpture design.

* Maintains quality service by following organisation standards.

* Maintains safe and clean conditions by following aseptic standards; adhering to legal regulations.

* Obtains revenue by recording or collecting charges..

* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

Skills/Qualifications:
Supply Management, General Maths Skills, Verbal Communication, Client Relationships, Customer Focus, Basic Safety, Creativity, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Flexibility

This is not the first job that has requested the use of "drills", electric files to you and me.

What is wrong with people these days. The "chop shops" round here are obviously making an impact on what folk are looking for.

My reply to the other job I was offered was. "Due to the extensive education and training I have received, If I am using top quality products, I should be able to perform treatments with standard nail files with no use for an electric file and I promote/pride myself on the fact I do not use this system".

I love my e file , and in some ways its made me better at hand filing to lol

I also love my KUPA for specific jobs ... Couldn't imagine doing rebalances without it anymore! :lol:

I would never dream of removing Shellac from natural nails with it but if I had Shellacked on top of an enhancement, then I definitely would!

Hi all

I have been browsing the net for a space to rent or job and found this ad.

I know for SG reasons I can't put who the company is but here is the description of the job.

Job Purpose:
Serves customers by shaping, lengthening, strengthening, and dressing fingernails, must be able to perform shellac, gel and arcylic by use of drills.

Duties:
* Maintains supplies by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing orders; verifying receipt.

*must be able to perform shellac, gel and arcylic by use of drills.

* Prepares fingernails and toenails by removing nail varnish, cleaning and softening nails and tissue.

* Shapes nails by cutting and filing ends.

* Lengthens fingernails by applying nail wraps and tips.

* Dresses nails by applying nail varnish or sculpture design.

* Maintains quality service by following organisation standards.

* Maintains safe and clean conditions by following aseptic standards; adhering to legal regulations.

* Obtains revenue by recording or collecting charges..

* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

Skills/Qualifications:
Supply Management, General Maths Skills, Verbal Communication, Client Relationships, Customer Focus, Basic Safety, Creativity, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Flexibility

This is not the first job that has requested the use of "drills", electric files to you and me.

What is wrong with people these days. The "chop shops" round here are obviously making an impact on what folk are looking for.

My reply to the other job I was offered was. "Due to the extensive education and training I have received, If I am using top quality products, I should be able to perform treatments with standard nail files with no use for an electric file and I promote/pride myself on the fact I do not use this system".

Not everyone who uses an e-file is a "chop shop". In the right hands for the right job (rebalances) they are a very valuable tool. I think your post is very misguided.

There is nothing wrong in using an electric file as long as you use it correctly. You can make more damage with a hand file if used incorrectly or by untrained hands.
I am using my e-file all the time and can't imagine not having it. It takes me 45 minutes to have a client done. And time is money.

Latest posts

Back