Nail varnish and Gellux top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyBeau

Hollymays.nails
Reaction score
Hello, Has anyone ever used normal nail varnish and used a Gellux top coat? I have a client who would like this but unsure on how to do it whether to do a Gellux base coat - layer of nail varnish - wait to dry - Gellux Top coat. Has anyone done this before... any ideas or help...

Honestly - it won't work. Even if it appears to cure properly the topcoat will crack and it won't last. Is there a particular reason the client wants this? If it's for a specific regular polish colour, how about megamix? X

When i did my training with Gellux they told me this is something i could do, but i've never tried it before. she has a colour in a nail varnish but wants to protect it with gel

When i did my training with Gellux they told me this is something i could do, but i've never tried it before. she has a colour in a nail varnish but wants to protect it with gel

I don't know anything about Gellux as I use CND Shellac and Harmony Gelish but I agree that Megamix would work well here to give that polish a Gel look and longevity. The Real Mrs Grey has made a You Tube video about MegaMix, she's amazing! Xx

Ive never heard of megamix, ill have to look into that... im gonna give it go and see how it turns out and will keep you posted! fingers crossed. thank you x

Hi, I use gellux and have tried this twice, first time with just a cheapy nail polish which lasted about a week second time I used opi varnish but it was a total disaster! My advice would be don't do it, it really is a pain as you have to wait for the polish to be completely dry which takes hours! And even then it probably won't last longer a week at most!

I mix my gellux colours, is it not a colour you can achieve by mixing your current gellux range?

Do you know they are bringing out a new glitter gellux collection called starstruck! x

Hi, I use gellux and have tried this twice, first time with just a cheapy nail polish which lasted about a week second time I used opi varnish but it was a total disaster! My advice would be don't do it, it really is a pain as you have to wait for the polish to be completely dry which takes hours! And even then it probably won't last longer a week at most!

I mix my gellux colours, is it not a colour you can achieve by mixing your current gellux range?

Do you know they are bringing out a new glitter gellux collection called starstruck! x

You always know all the latest Gellux news Missy!
*quickly runs off & googles gellux startstruck collection* lol!

You always know all the latest Gellux news Missy!
*quickly runs off & googles gellux startstruck collection* lol!

lol! You make me laugh!!!! You need to get yourself on Facebook and follow salon systems that's the only way I know these things! Although this time I did see it in capitals brochure that came through my door first! Mucho excitement! Can't buy for a few weeks so I'll probably wait until olympia beauty show to get mine! Shame you can't come we could've gossiped gellux alllll day! xxx

Latest posts

Back