Nail varnish brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJP

Reaction score
Hey all

I am coming to the end of my home learning nail tech course (spa manicure and extensions (acrylic/gel/silk/fibreglass) and have been practicing on friends and family with products I already have which have mainly been OPI or Nails.inc. I am looking to expand my range of colours and put together a kit to work on clients with and was wondering if anyone could recommend any brands that might be better, e.g. quicker drying and longer lasting.

I am going to go on to do further training such as a gel polish course (I was thinking Nail Harmony or CND Shellac). I currently use Gelish on myself so have about 10 colours in those and few OPI gel colours too.

I was thinking
OPI nail laquer / OPI Infinite Shine (would I need both???) and OPI Gel colour
OR
Nail Harmony All That Jazz and Gelish
OR
CND Vinylux and Shellac

- Can anyone advise on a brand based on quality and price (obviously need to try and keep costs down as I'm starting off)?
- Are there any pros/cons for the ones I listed above?
- Would anyone recommend another brand altogether?
- Where would be the best place to get products at a decent price / trade price? I current go to Sallys or Capital as I have trade cards with them
- Is it a good idea to stick to one brand to start with and then mix it up as I go along or mix it up from the beginning?

Sorry for all the questions. I'd appreciate any advice than I can get.

Thanks in advance!

I've just done the cnd shellac beginners and arts and styles, both were amazing! Look on sweet squared for information on courses. Not the cheapest but I thought worth every penny xx

I've tried lots of brands over the years and I now only use all that jazz.
Drying time is faster than vinylux.
The colour range is brilliant.
Complete coverage in 2 coats.
Lasts more than a week.
It's a winner for me and my clients love it.
Really cheap too and they have buy 3 get 1 free ok the collections too.
It's available from nail harmony or allthatjazzuk.com
Xx

Thanks for the help gals.

I've decided to go with All That Jazz and Gelish. I'm going to do the Nail Harmony Courses once I finish my current course and get a bit of practice. I would love to do the CND courses but they are a bit out of my budget and I have spoken to a few people who have done the Nail Harmony courses and highly recommend them.

I trained with OPI for the GelColor and think its great, doesn't lose shine etc and lasts well if applied correctly and nails are prepped properly. I also use Gelish as they have sooooo many amazing colours! Polish wise I offer OPI Lacquer only. I think its the best and the brushes are great. I personally wouldn't offer both OPI infinite shine and OPI Lacquer, you can end up with so many different options which could leave you with a lot of excess stock that never gets used, therefore never really getting your money back.

Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back