Nails - am I being unreasonable

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
I had my nails done on the 4th December.

They are gel extensions. And I was in the salon for like 2.5 hours.

I noticed 2 were lifting at the top where the tip was attached. Stupid me didn't mention anything as I thought that it wasn't that bad and I was booked in (on the 31st as its the only appointment they had)

I am a hairdresser and I am wearing gloves 9/10 times I shampoo a client. And am applying cuticle oil at least twice a day. With one or two days I've forgotten.

I opened a sweet tin, with my knuckle. Trying not to used my nails as 'tools'. However I must have caught the nail as it came off. But didn't hurt at all. Meaning it must have lifted a lot before to not hurt?

So I instantly let the salon know in case they need to add more time to my appointment. I also mention that I have a few others lifting. But they're lifting at the sides. Not at the bottom where they're growing?

I used to have gel extensions and they used to last 4 weeks. Am I being unreasonable that they started lifting before 2 weeks?

I had my nails done on the 4th December.

They are gel extensions. And I was in the salon for like 2.5 hours.

I noticed 2 were lifting at the top where the tip was attached. Stupid me didn't mention anything as I thought that it wasn't that bad and I was booked in (on the 31st as its the only appointment they had)

I am a hairdresser and I am wearing gloves 9/10 times I shampoo a client. And am applying cuticle oil at least twice a day. With one or two days I've forgotten.

I opened a sweet tin, with my knuckle. Trying not to used my nails as 'tools'. However I must have caught the nail as it came off. But didn't hurt at all. Meaning it must have lifted a lot before to not hurt?

So I instantly let the salon know in case they need to add more time to my appointment. I also mention that I have a few others lifting. But they're lifting at the sides. Not at the bottom where they're growing?

I used to have gel extensions and they used to last 4 weeks. Am I being unreasonable that they started lifting before 2 weeks?
Was it a new set you had put on?

I advise 2-3 weeks for maintenence, is this the usual salon you use?

2.5 hours work sounds like a newbie, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect they'd last 2 weeks without lifting but I'd say if they're a newbie it's to be expected and hopefully they charge accordingly...

I advise 2-3 weeks for maintenence, is this the usual salon you use?

2.5 hours work sounds like a newbie, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect they'd last 2 weeks without lifting but I'd say if they're a newbie it's to be expected and hopefully they charge accordingly...

It was probably a year or two ago I used to have gel extensions. And it's a different salon.
She's definitely not a newbie. She's the longest standing member of their team and worked somewhere else before?

It was probably a year or two ago I used to have gel extensions. And it's a different salon.
She's definitely not a newbie. She's the longest standing member of their team and worked somewhere else before?
I don't think you're unreasonable to expect minimal lifting providing you're otherwise looking after them and not taking any medication /doing anything to catch them etc

With it lifting at the sides she has obviously going onto the side walls causing them to lift. I defiantly don't think you are being unreasonable you are doing the correct after care which most people don't do and having them results. I would do back and wish for them to be sorted with no payment or at least a discount for the results you received.

How long are your tips? I usually don't see any lifting on my ladies nails. If I do see it at the sides, I always advise the length to be shorter for next time, as it's usually the nails are under pressure from the tip ratio being too long to be supported.
Or it could be that she has exposed product to the side walls. X

With it lifting at the sides she has obviously going onto the side walls causing them to lift. I defiantly don't think you are being unreasonable you are doing the correct after care which most people don't do and having them results. I would do back and wish for them to be sorted with no payment or at least a discount for the results you received.

I feel like I've left it too long now to go back and have them sorted with no payment. But, I'll be more vigilant once my infill are done and get them sorted ASAP.

Latest posts

Back