Nails | CND Reveal New "Forbidden" Fall Collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont mean to put the cat amongst the pigeons but some of these are not new colours.

I have Dark Dahlia, is black Dahlia the same? Burnt Romance, Night Glimmer and Blue Rapture are existing colours.

I got the release paraphernalia from my supplier this week and thought the exact same as you, these colors are very similar to what we already have Shellac wise.

I certainly won't be buying any of these colors, and actually each new release has left me cold as they are just so similar to what already is available.

It bothered me so much recently I have added Gelish to my menu now as the colors are great without having to layer, blend, add etc. I love the ease of Shellac removal compared to the gel polishes but I just felt I had to add somethign else as even the clients were commenting how boring the shades are even though we explain layering, rockstar etc. etc..

Last edited:
I dont mean to put the cat amongst the pigeons but some of these are not new colours.

I have Dark Dahlia, is black Dahlia the same? Burnt Romance, Night Glimmer and Blue Rapture are existing colours.

They are all available in Vinylux but not CND Shellac :) will be great to have the Vinylux mini though!!!

the email I received said available from 7th August but here says September which is right???? don't have me getting giddy thinking I have new colours next week and its not the case lol
I got the same email x

They are all available in Vinylux but not CND Shellac :) will be great to have the Vinylux mini though!!!

Ahh this makes sense, I misunderstood the Shellac bit and didnt even notice that the Vinylux were minis - doom brain here LOL!

S2 will have the new colours next week for us UK techs. By September the colours will have been released to all the other countries too. I think that's what's meant by it all, it was the same for the Summer Splash colours. We had them before anyone else in the UK.

I got the release paraphernalia from my supplier this week and thought the exact same as you, these colors are very similar to what we already have Shellac wise.

I certainly won't be buying any of these colors, and actually each new release has left me cold as they are just so similar to what already is available.

It bothered me so much recently I have added Gelish to my menu now as the colors are great without having to layer, blend, add etc. I love the ease of Shellac removal compared to the gel polishes but I just felt I had to add somethign else as even the clients were commenting how boring the shades are even though we explain layering, rockstar etc. etc..

This was said about the last colour release and the one before that and probably the one before that too but once people got the colours they revised their judgement and realised CND don't make colours that are the same, similar or colours that will be a 'flash in the pan' but ones that have staying power :)
Personally as I offer CND Shellac as a treatment I would take on the full range of colours so I'm giving my client the choice not just take on the colours I prefer.
I always wait until I see the colours in the flesh before I decide if I like them or not and so far I haven't found a colour I don't like :hug:

Dear Geeks,

Just to confirm, the new collection will be available at Sweet Squared from August 7th.

The Ed. x

Dear Geeks,

Just to confirm, the new collection will be available at Sweet Squared from August 7th.

The Ed. x

Are there any pictures of the additives?

This was said about the last colour release and the one before that and probably the one before that too but once people got the colours they revised their judgement and realised CND don't make colours that are the same, similar or colours that will be a 'flash in the pan' but ones that have staying power :)
Personally as I offer CND Shellac as a treatment I would take on the full range of colours so I'm giving my client the choice not just take on the colours I prefer.
I always wait until I see the colours in the flesh before I decide if I like them or not and so far I haven't found a colour I don't like :hug:

I guess we all know what works for our own business especially when the clients are telling us the same thing. Our Shellac brown shades have never been used, nobody wants that in Florida, so what business sense does it make adding another brown shade etc.?

I think we have 52 Shellac, so that choice will do for now as I concentrate on bringing in more Gelish colors. Luckily we pay the same price in $ as UK does in £ so it isn't as heavy a financial cost.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Shellac and CND brand a lot and defend it everyday against cheap imitations in the NSS around me but I am not blinkered by it and must have every new thing that came out, including Vinylux which I trialed but didn't go with, it also chipped after 2 days when I had it applied by another pro (and before anyone gets onto me, it was applied by a CND Master painter at Premier 2013).

Each to their own of course but I have to disagree with one thing and that is that CND don't make the same, similar or flash in the pan colors when it comes to Shellac as in my opinion they have released way similar colors in the past.

But not wishing to put a damper on the excitement of the release on UK I will shut up :+)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back