nails flimsy/breaking after shellac removal..Why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

So i've always had really strong nails that it was difficult for me to bend them but i have to say after taking my shellac off the other day they feel awful!!

They are breaking and really bendy and flimsy. I thought shellac was supposed to make your nails stronger? I really very much doubt this is because i did not use solar oil? Let me know if anyone else has had this problem?

Lisa

Hi Geeks,

So i've always had really strong nails that it was difficult for me to bend them but i have to say after taking my shellac off the other day they feel awful!!

They are breaking and really bendy and flimsy. I thought shellac was supposed to make your nails stronger? I really very much doubt this is because i did not use solar oil? Let me know if anyone else has had this problem?

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
something doesn't sound right here. For your nails to have gone from 'strong' to 'really bendy and flimsy' some physical damage must have taken place.
Did you apply and remove your Shellac Manicure your self? Can you talk us through your application and removal process?
I have been using Shellac on myself and my clients in my own Salon for over 6 months and have never had this problem. I'm sorry to hear you have :(
Let's get to the bottom of this! I'm puzzled.

Hi well application the same as everyone else. scrubfresh and cuticle push down....base coat 10 sec, 2 coats colour (2 mins each) and top coat 2 mins, then wipe over with d sperce.

as for removal well i don't have the wraps so i soaked nails in acetone for 10 minutes but it wasn't really coming off so i used orange stick to gently take off...i don't know why the acetone didn't make it come off almost completely on it's own but could that be the reason? Maybe if i cut my nails and let them re-grow they will go back to normal. Lisa

Remember after soaking the nail plate is VERY hydrated so it will feel flexable and bendy after a day it should be back to normal since the nail has gone back to its normal state.

Id say you neeed to use solar oil when your wearing shellac and when you remove it you need to use solar oil to rehydrate them to. shellac is NOT ment to make your nails stronger, but solar oil will help your nails to be more flexible in tearn this means they will be stronger.
like the finger nail fixer said not using solar oil is like washing your hair and not conditioning!

Latest posts

Back