Nails for a 13 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGordon91

Reaction score
Hey guys ^_^ I've been asked to do my other halves little cousins nails for her birthday as a special treat for her.
She's obviously going to have a wee birthday party for her 13th and then want to keep them on for a while. Do you think she's old enough to have gel done ? I use ink London gel polish. I have Cuccio and vynlux but I think she's like something that she could be a wee bit harder on and still last..

Do you think she's too young for gel?

I was thinking I lot of sparkly gels and could do some really nice glitter work into it for her.

Have you spoken to your insurance company? Best to check that they'd cover you for a gel polish application.

Personally, I'd stick to a regular polish and jazz her up with gems etc.

Have you spoken to your insurance company? Best to check that they'd cover you for a gel polish application.

Personally, I'd stick to a regular polish and jazz her up with gems etc.

Not spoken to them yet didn't get asked till today so I'll contact them on Monday and see if they would cover it. Her mums gave her permission to get what she wants (within reason obviously.)

Just thought I'd ask in here as well this is my first young teenager. ^_^

Hiya, I done my daughters nails with Shellac when she was 13, actually started them when she was 12, to get her to grow them. But I only offer Vinylux to young girls now as I find it lasts really well on them, and it has a glossy finish which they love. x

Hiya, I done my daughters nails with Shellac when she was 13, actually started them when she was 12, to get her to grow them. But I only offer Vinylux to young girls now as I find it lasts really well on them, and it has a glossy finish which they love. x

Hi :)!
I'm not sure how long or short her nails are so I'll ask her mum to take a photo so I can see. The thing I was worried about with polish although it's touch dry it won't be properly dry for 24 hours as we know and I wouldn't want her to smudge it cause obviously she'll want to show it off in school and it won't look very good if she smudges it :(

Where as with gel obviously it's dry straight after service. And I could so many different things to bling it up and give her pretty nails. I've already said if she wants gels Id go back in a week or two (dependant on how well she looks after it and how long she wants it on) and take it off for her. I was going to give her a bottle of cuticle oil and tell her to look after them well and Id give her a wee treat (thought about making up like a wee manicure back so a file, a nice cream for hands and some other wee bits and bobs just something that would reward her for looking after her nails well!) and then go from there. My mother in law seems to be talking to me to everyone and her neighbour wants her nails done too so I feel very privileged ^_^

Vinylux dries in 8 mins so no need to worry about smudging, she only has to sit still for that time.
On normal polish 'Seche Vite' fast dry top coat is really good and lasts well.
You can add glitter on to Vinylux, and also stamp images, as well as doing nail art.

It's an alternative to Gel if your insurer ends up being against it. x

Vinylux dries in 8 mins so no need to worry about smudging, she only has to sit still for that time.

On normal polish 'Seche Vite' fast dry top coat is really good and lasts well.

You can add glitter on to Vinylux, and also stamp images, as well as doing nail art.

It's an alternative to Gel if your insurer ends up being against it. x

That's great to know. I've only used vinylux once but I do have a lot of stamping plates/glitter/gems.

I'll double check with them though Incase she decides she wants gel colours. Got a while to get it all sorted but thought I'd plan ahead.

Thanks for he help xx

Latest posts

Back