Nails keep breaking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarabo

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help ??? My nails have been breaking constantly no matter what I do since I had my daughter 9 months ago and it's always right down as the picture shows , I don't grow them long and I use a strengthener and cuticle oil religiously . And yes it is as painful as it looks 😔😔. My main concern is as I am training to become a nail technician I want my own nails in the best condition they can be !!! Can anyone help ???? Thanks in advance 😉 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398347639.663131.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398347613.571331.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398347613.571331.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 178
Anyone please ??? 😁😁

Maybe have a gel polish applied ? It might stop them breaking till they grow out for a bit x

You could try flexiglaze to protect them or ibx

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Brisa smoothing gel and shellac together are great for strengthening nails.

You could try flexiglaze to protect them or ibx

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I've seen threads about ibx but only read a wee bit about it , I'll look I to it more , it's strange because until I had my second daughter my nails were great !!

I agree with SAL365 to use Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel for an extra layer of strength under a couple of coats of Shellac.
After 9 months, your body is still going through changes and recovering from your pregnancy. Being pregnant takes a lot out of your body and your nails are probably now just growing out from where they were when you were carrying.
If you are healthy, just protect your nails the best you can and keep them at a manageable length until they recover.
Remember to wear gloves when cleaning and when your hands are in water longer than just hand washing. If you are using Shellac, only use the CND Solar Oil. I had a client that used a "Miracle Grow" product and it made the Shellac peel right off like plastic.
Best of luck with your nails and your baby!

I agree with SAL365 to use Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel for an extra layer of strength under a couple of coats of Shellac.
After 9 months, your body is still going through changes and recovering from your pregnancy. Being pregnant takes a lot out of your body and your nails are probably now just growing out from where they were when you were carrying.
If you are healthy, just protect your nails the best you can and keep them at a manageable length until they recover.
Remember to wear gloves when cleaning and when your hands are in water longer than just hand washing. If you are using Shellac, only use the CND Solar Oil. I had a client that used a "Miracle Grow" product and it made the Shellac peel right off like plastic.
Best of luck with your nails and your baby!

Thank you I'll give it a try , the things us women go through eh !! Men don't know how lucky they have it haha 😊

I had my baby 5 months ago and mine are the same. They're quite long at the minute but one has split at the side and will end up like yours eventually. Unfortunately shellac doesn't stop this but has held my split nail together

Latest posts

Back