Nails Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellawaxbb

Reaction score
Why and how do nails lift from the edges. After one week of application, one slight knock and the bottom of the acrylic is lifted and ready to be pulled off, when the nail on the free edge is still stuck on tightly.

What am i doing wrong, i did ask my teacher and they never seem to solve the problem.

When i in the past went to the salons with the lovely asian women my nails never lifted. IS there something i am missing? Is the primer not strong enough?

Could be a number of things making the lifting ,

Your prep of the nail is one of the most common things,

Product ( even a tiny bit ) touching the side Walls and surounding skin,

Your mix ratio , working to wet or dry

Your structuer is not good enough with your apex placement, thickness and lenth of the nail,

Could also be your product, how old is it? It has a shelf life, dose it need a primer? Are you using the full system or mixing brands ,

All thses things need to be looked at , the good news is that we all have lifting problems in the start that we have to work around , so your not the first or the last , once you work though it maybe do some more classes ect and then one day you relise your clients are comming back with out problems it's a good feeling :)

Thank you for you response, following your comments:

I will make mor effort filing the nail and focus on the prepping.

Product ( even a tiny bit ) touching the side Walls and surounding skin,
I have really tried an effor to not touch the skin, in doing this it is not lifting on the sides anymore but lifting at the bottom near the cuticle and it is not touching the skin. Frazzled!!! its almost like the product is not sticking to the nail.

Your mix ratio , working to wet or dry
Do you mean my brush is too wet? I'm finding my nail acrylic is not thick. Would this be a cause?

Your structuer is not good enough with your apex placement, thickness and lenth of the nail,
Im a bit lost with this comment, being in Australia not sure if apex placement means something else here. hahaha.

Could also be your product, how old is it? It has a shelf life, dose it need a primer? Are you using the full system or mixing brands ,
All the products are from the school which was only given to me 4 months ago, however i will look at the expiry.
Can you explain to me what is full system and mixing brands?? not familiar here?

Thank you again for your help

Thank you for you response, following your comments:

I will make mor effort filing the nail and focus on the prepping.

you's a cuticle remover an remove all non-living tissue, you just want to be gently buffing the nail not filling it:eek: just take the surface shine of otherwise you will cause a lot of damage to the natural nail! use a surface cleanser that de-contaminates the natural such as scrub fresh! an scrub the nails until they almost squeak! prep is the most important step x

As well as the fab advice you've had so far don't forget to keep your product thin in zone 3 and make sure you press it down well. The thicker the product in zone 3 the quicker it will lift.

As well as the fab advice you've had so far don't forget to keep your product thin in zone 3 and make sure you press it down well. The thicker the product in zone 3 the quicker it will lift.

what is zone 3 (blush)

what is zone 3 (blush)
It's the eponychium 'end' of the nail, (sometimes wrongly referred to as the cuticle) :wink2:
Providing the product is pressed down, thin and flush in zone 3 and the nail's been properly prepped with the correct mix ratio used then lifting shouldn't be an issue. It's something a lot of techs have a problem with when they're starting out.

Latest posts

Back