Nails that pop off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traceykate

Reaction score
Hi Can anybody tell me why some friends tell me that a nail has popped off that i have doen for them, bearing in mind they are my gerbils lol. They say that one just popped off and i feel real bad that they have done even though i am only in training at the moment. :?:

If gel - nail bed not degreased? Bonder or gel touching skin or cuticle are the main reasons. However, if you have tipped the nail, perhaps it is too long and if the client not used to long nails they can ping them off!
Ask/see if the nail is clean (probably your application) or if there lines where the tip or gel has been pulled off, it may not be you! Finally, on some occassions medication and hormonal problems can cause clean lifting.
Keep at it!

I make sure that i degrease,dehydrate and take the shine off the nails so it must be my application, i will keep at it tho. Thank you for the tips.:)

have you seen these nail that 'popped off'?

often when face to face with them you will find evidence of damage, indicating it's not nessecarily your fault at all... Trauma to the nail plate means some form of force was applied.

Great thanks. Next time I will ask them to show it me xx :lol:

Latest posts

Back