Name of a hairstyle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerda

Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering if someone could help me identify what the name of this hairstyle might be.

It's for a character named Elsa in a forthcoming film from Disney. It appears that she has long hair but short layers.

bestmoviewalls_Frozen_17_2048x2048b.jpg

Here are two other pictures for reference:

http://images.wikia.com/disney/images/e/ed/Elsa_snow_queen_ice.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/254db1e41286c08455026af037748732/tumblr_mrqo95cDFP1qdubwvo1_500.jpg

Is there a term for a hairstyle such as this?

Would one call this simply "long hair with short layers"?

Would this be classified as a "mullet"? (Someone called it a mullet, but my inclination is that the term doesn't fit, though I'm open to being corrected.)

I would be most grateful for any response. Thank you.

Last edited:
Obviously its a 'cartoon' version of a hairstyle, i think its supposed to represent long bair with wispy bits of 'younger' growth falling out of the braid. I think its known as whisper layers but happy for another geek to correct me on this.

Obviously its a 'cartoon' version of a hairstyle, i think its supposed to represent long bair with wispy bits of 'younger' growth falling out of the braid. I think its known as whisper layers but happy for another geek to correct me on this.
Thank you very much. "Whisper layers" -- that's a lovely term.

At any rate, it could not be classified as a mullet, right?

Seriously?? It doesn't have a haircut, it has a hair drawing.....

No, it's definitely fluffy layers. Was quite popular last season. :)

No, it's definitely fluffy layers. Was quite popular last season. :)

Really? I thought fluffy layers were on a par with the sparkle cut? So many terms!

Id recommend you ask your hairdresser for disconnected sparkle layers. Just make sure they're disconnected, otherwise you have a shrek cut.

I'd secure your hair in a ponytail at the front of your head and then blunt cut just above the hair band with clippers...

I realize this was an odd request, and am very grateful to all of you for your responses.

I realize this was an odd request, and am very grateful to all of you for your responses.

Just to humour us, why did you need to know what a cartoon hairstyle was? :biggrin:

Just to humour us, why did you need to know what a cartoon hairstyle was? :biggrin:
Two reasons. First, the film (which is called Frozen) is coming out in a couple of months, and I have a feeling that people will be asking about this hairstyle.

Second, I got into a discussion with someone about the style, and she stated that it was a mullet. And I had a strong belief that whatever it was, it couldn't be classified as a mullet.

And am I right about that? I mean, whether it's properly termed "fluffy layers" or "disconnected sparkle layers," this cannot be termed a mullet, yes? True, it's just an illustration, but the detail seems reasonably clear and true-to-life.

Again, my gratitude for the info.

how is that in any way a mullet? Lol x

Thank you. I didn't think so.

The only pieces that aren't in the plait are the short layers around the front , the plait looks all the one length as there are no shorter pieces coming out of it. It's just the way it's "styled" lol
The front layers are swept back , I don't think the rest of the hair is layered at all!

Latest posts

Back