Nano ring help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GinaLou84

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me get my head around this!

I fitted a client with a full head of nano on Monday- she messaged me the next day saying some had come out..

I had her back over and checked all the rest and they seemed nice and tight and snug- I asked her to wash her hair before she saw my but she didn't want to.. so I refit the ones she lost.

I asked her today how they were and she said she's lost a further two... I asked her what shampoo she used to prep her hair as I asked her to use a clear shampoo and she said it was a keratin shampoo- I asked if it was silicone free...she didn't know.

Now whilst I was fitting her hair my hands were covered in black hair dye even though she said she had dyed it a week before! I wonder if her hair just wasn't clean enough? Or it was my application?

She had very fine hair. I've fitted nanos before and not one budged so I'm so confused!

Defiantly my last head of nano rings- find them too much hassle! Xxx

I fit a lot of nanos. Most of my customers only loose a few before maintanance and i have 2 that dont loose any at all. Just before xmas i did a young girl with very fine hair. She looses loads! Ive tried re applying, different beads everything, so it must be because her hair is so fine. She wont have any other method and she bought my high range hair which lasts 12 month plus so i just go round her house every 2 weeks and put in the ones shes lost for free. Its a pain but i dont want to loose a customer! Theres normaly about 7-10 i put back in when i go round

I fit a lot of nanos. Most of my customers only loose a few before maintanance and i have 2 that dont loose any at all. Just before xmas i did a young girl with very fine hair. She looses loads! Ive tried re applying, different beads everything, so it must be because her hair is so fine. She wont have any other method and she bought my high range hair which lasts 12 month plus so i just go round her house every 2 weeks and put in the ones shes lost for free. Its a pain but i dont want to loose a customer! Theres normaly about 7-10 i put back in when i go round

Awe it must be her hair then, it's super fine! I was so worried it was something I was doing, I was frazzling my brain lol

I hope someone can help me get my head around this!

I fitted a client with a full head of nano on Monday- she messaged me the next day saying some had come out..

I had her back over and checked all the rest and they seemed nice and tight and snug- I asked her to wash her hair before she saw my but she didn't want to.. so I refit the ones she lost.

I asked her today how they were and she said she's lost a further two... I asked her what shampoo she used to prep her hair as I asked her to use a clear shampoo and she said it was a keratin shampoo- I asked if it was silicone free...she didn't know.

Now whilst I was fitting her hair my hands were covered in black hair dye even though she said she had dyed it a week before! I wonder if her hair just wasn't clean enough? Or it was my application?

She had very fine hair. I've fitted nanos before and not one budged so I'm so confused!

Defiantly my last head of nano rings- find them too much hassle! Xxx
Awe it must be her hair then, it's super fine! I was so worried it was something I was doing, I was frazzling my brain lol

On super fine hair, i tend to use the hot fusion method as you can really make tiny bonds if necessary. I only have around 6 clients for nano now as when i trained in them, i pushed it hard thinking it was the better method given how small the beads are. It certainly works on thicker hair but reality for my clients is that they have finer hair and the beads, plus the keratin, plus the wire were weighing down too much that any slack on aftercare just saw lots of slippage. Good old Hot/Cold Fusion. Love it! xx

On super fine hair, i tend to use the hot fusion method as you can really make tiny bonds if necessary. I only have around 6 clients for nano now as when i trained in them, i pushed it hard thinking it was the better method given how small the beads are. It certainly works on thicker hair but reality for my clients is that they have finer hair and the beads, plus the keratin, plus the wire were weighing down too much that any slack on aftercare just saw lots of slippage. Good old Hot/Cold Fusion. Love it! xx

Thanks for the great advice as always :) I have just ordered a bundle of hair to practice tipping so I can do my own fusion bonds, wish me luck! Xxx

Thanks for the great advice as always :) I have just ordered a bundle of hair to practice tipping so I can do my own fusion bonds, wish me luck! Xxx

Great plan hun! Send me a PM if you need any help xx

Hey Hun where do you get your nano rings from please ? X

I try to avoid nanos if i can but have a couple who where them still.
To stop slipping on fine hair. I use two nanos squeezed roughly a mm apart.
Also the smaller size nanos x

This is a fab idea x

This is a fab idea x
Thankyou Linds I wouldn't choose nano's but I have a couple of clients that came to me already wearing them one with fine hair that had been pretty badly ripped out from the unprofessional install methods of her last extensionist. One nano just didn't do the trick. Still slipping as such fine pieces of hair to work with. But brilliant now. Goes 8 weeks with no issues.

I've done nanos once but I was trained in them, when I did them the metal on the hair just disintegrated so I never went back and used that method again. Also a friend of mine who has nanos, never come out, when they do come out it has taken her hair from the root with it.

Latest posts

Back