National Nail Tech Awards?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanfastic

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, an embarrassing question here. I have only been doing nails since December and a couple of weeks ago got a lovely lady ring up to book acrylics,and maybe a little nail art as well. Whilst speaking she told me that she was a therapist as well and does nails but fancies getting them done for a change. I wasn't worried at all doing another tech's nails, if anything I might learn from their experiences. Anyway, I asked which systems she had been trained in and which products she uses. She went a little flustered and said OPI. I didn't think too much about it and we started chatting about which nail art she would like, I offered to make up som little decals for her to save time on the day. The call went well and I was looking forward to meeting with her.

Unfortunatley I ended up on the day with the granddaddy of migraines and had to cancel the appointment as it was too short notice for me to get another tech in to do it for me. (It was a friday) I sent a text apologising and offered to call early the following week to set up an appointment for her. I got a text back saying that she could now tell me that she was reviewing for the national nail tech awards!!!! OMG I didn't know that these things happen. Is this for real? If so what a fabulous idea and I am gutted that I missed out but also a little relieved, what if I had ended up having a bad day.LOL

Does this happen all year around or just at a certain time of year? I am still going to do her nail art but just as a normal client, not as a review, best have my shakes under control for brush control:eek:

I never knew that the nail industry does these awards on everyone, I though you would have to enter, but as I already said, it is a great idea if it is for real and not just someone yanking my chain.

Please put me out of my misery here and tell me if I have been had:lol:

Anyone please? I would love to know or at least know who could give me the answer.

Many thanks

Never heard of this....I thought you had to be nominated for any awards this is a bit random, ,but I will be interested to see if this is how they do things.

I also thought so, and I have not been around long enough to have built up a reputation big enough for nominations. It all sounded a little strange, what with her saying she was a therapist, nail tech, from a salon in London but lives here (128 miles away) with a whole bunch of puppies and doesn't know the names of any of the well known brands apart from OPI.

There is a technician about 5 miles from me with a very similar business name to the one I first chose (I have changed it since because of this) and she has been in the industry for over 20 years and is a CND tech. Maybe she was nominated? and I got the call by mistake. Should I ring her and see if that was the case. I would hate for the other girl to lose out due to a mistaken identity issue

Hey hun thats crazy!
I can honestly say iv never heard of this....like I know an instructor who judges and shows at nail shows around north america a couple times a year and a couple other girls who show...maybe ill ask them.. (im not up to date in that stuff at all!) But yeah iv only been around 4 years though. Thats still random though! You should look it up on google!:wink2:

Latest posts

Back