Natural blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzie1980

Reaction score
Good morning geeks.
I am having a bit of a brain fart with a client I have booked in for highlights Friday.
She has a few inches of lovely level 8 roots and bleached ends that she has done herself, about a level 10 nice clean and even.
I have taken a good few strand tests from her and tried various light reds which have come out nice so not a problem there.
The issue I'm having is with the highlift tints (I use wella) they are just turning the tests i took from the natural growth a grim grey colour, I've tried nearly all of them on various samples i took and they are all doing the same.
Usually on hair this light naturally it's easy peasy but not this time....i know bleach would lift it clean no bother but I wanted to try breaking the roots up to make the hair a bit more multi tonal.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you for reading and sorry it's a bit long and waffly I work alone so don't have anyone else to bounce ideas off.

I often prefer Illumina to Wella when doing blondes as it gives a softer coverage and looks more natural.

If it’s looking grey are you trying to choose colours that are too ashy?

I often prefer Illumina to Wella when doing blondes as it gives a softer coverage and looks more natural.

If it’s looking grey are you trying to choose colours that are too ashy?
Thank you for replying [emoji3] yes that's what I did I think, I've got so used to trying to kill out the yellow on people's hair, I just had a little go with my last strand test with 12/03 which is one I very rarely use and it's come out real nice.

Good morning geeks.
I am having a bit of a brain fart with a client I have booked in for highlights Friday.
She has a few inches of lovely level 8 roots and bleached ends that she has done herself, about a level 10 nice clean and even.
I have taken a good few strand tests from her and tried various light reds which have come out nice so not a problem there.
The issue I'm having is with the highlift tints (I use wella) they are just turning the tests i took from the natural growth a grim grey colour, I've tried nearly all of them on various samples i took and they are all doing the same.
Usually on hair this light naturally it's easy peasy but not this time....i know bleach would lift it clean no bother but I wanted to try breaking the roots up to make the hair a bit more multi tonal.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you for reading and sorry it's a bit long and waffly I work alone so don't have anyone else to bounce ideas off.
Have you tried 12/0? Or 12/03? Or 12/17?
Also the longer you leave it on the more it tones, the first 45 mins lifts the hair and the last 5-15 tones the hair. How long were you leaving the strand tests?

Have you tried 12/0? Or 12/03? Or 12/17?
Also the longer you leave it on the more it tones, the first 45 mins lifts the hair and the last 5-15 tones the hair. How long were you leaving the strand tests?
Hello [emoji3]yes I left them the full 50 mins....the 12/0 was the best of the bunch, if I'm being honest I rarely deal with such natural blonde hair, the bleach on the mids and ends are what's throwing me a bit, I'm used to home bleach jobs being yellow but this is very clean and light.

Hello [emoji3]yes I left them the full 50 mins....the 12/0 was the best of the bunch, if I'm being honest I rarely deal with such natural blonde hair, the bleach on the mids and ends are what's throwing me a bit, I'm used to home bleach jobs being yellow but this is very clean and light.
It's so clean because she's so light, and most box bleaches lift at least 4 shades. Can you not use a mild bleach formula?
Or have you tried 10/0?

It's so clean because she's so light, and most box bleaches lift at least 4 shades. Can you not use a mild bleach formula?
Or have you tried 10/0?
Yes for sure.....im going to use the wella blondor multi bleach (white one) with the lowest volume and I think I will drop the colour down to 10/0 and just keep it simple, I over think [emoji23] I over think stuff a lot.

Yes for sure.....im going to use the wella blondor multi bleach (white one) with the lowest volume and I think I will drop the colour down to 10/0 and just keep it simple, I over think [emoji23] I over think stuff a lot.
Colour touch 10/03 is nice to tone with to add a but if colour back in to the hair

Colour touch 10/03 is nice to tone with to add a but if colour back in to the hair
Thank you for that [emoji3] all done and dusted now 12/0 with a few bleach here and there and a shock of 66/44 in the fringe....looked fab.

Latest posts

Back