Natural nail repair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My mother came over this morning for a cut and colour before she goes away for a holiday. I also did her nails. My mother can't stand a nail file on her nails it goes through her. She wont sit still for one second to have any treatment done, sooooo impatient. She had been doing allot of gardening and neglected her nails.

Any way both her thumbs, index fingers and ring finger had tears on them half way down her nail plate so I tried to fix them as well as I could seeing as any filling makes her cringe. I slightly buffed the nail plate, applied fiberglass, applied resin. repeated procedure and buffed nail as smooth as I could get it whilst she was cringing lol. then proceeded with polish she will not let me do any cuticle work and I have bought a glass nail file especially for her. I have been using one of these on her for a few months and her nails have stopped splitting and peeling.

have I done procedure correctly?
how much would I usually charge for a natural nail repair?
and do you get any clients like my mum who can't stand a nail file?

She has done me a little favor though because she won't sit I have gotten quicker lol.xxx

I always use silk or fibreglass fo natural nail repairs (apart from on myself) ... for the reason that they are easy to remove and are only temporary until the damage grows out and you really can't tell that you have used anything .. very thin and natural-looking which Natural Nail Clients like.

Have you done the right proceedure? Well I always coat the nail with the resin prior to applying the fabric and of course I do remove any cuticle and prep .. you seem to not have done those things so you'll just have to see how she gets on. I most likely also would have applied two layers of the fabric as the nails were broken ( so resin fabric, resin fabric plus two more coats of resin, buff and finish).

Hi geeg
thanks for reply, I only applied fiberglass and resin to the breakage should I have applied it to the whole nail?
I couldn't do much prep, mum really does hate any type of abrasion on her nails all I could do is lightly buff the broken area, fiberglass, apply resin, fiberglass again and another coat of resin. But it does make sense like you said to apply two coats of resin after then buff. I hope it lasts she was in a bit of pain from breakages.xx

Latest posts

Back