Need an answer now, Gelish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexnailnewbie

Reaction score
im at a clients house now and tried gelish remover, Dsolve and acetone and its not coming off? can anybody help me please

Is it real Gelish? If not it might be a buff off gel.

Is the acetone cold? Try warming slightly by using boiled and cooled slightly water and place the acetone dish inside this so the acetone. Should speed it up. Buff slightly first over the top of the gel so acetone can penetrate.
Warmth speeds up the acetone effect hth x

Is it Genuine Harmony Gelish as applied by yourself ?
If it is, then your base coat may be have been applied too thickly, in which case it is just 're wrap the nails and soak for longer.
Try adding a heated wheat bag to the hands too.

Whats your removal method? If its genuine gelish it should remove with the gelish removal. I use d-solve on myself to remove and no problems.

Hi sorry i didn't get back to you all last night it was a nightmare.
All my products are purchased from Nail Harmony. My removal method is buff off shine, apply Gelish remover to a cotton pad, apply to nail, wrap in foil leave, 15 mins and it normally just comes away as i am removing the pad, occasionally i have to wrap for an extra couple of mins for rockstars but never anything like this.
I tried this method and it didn't even budge not a flake came away. So i tried using Dsolve in the same way but left it for 10 mins still nothing happened. I then tried the same with acetone and tiny flakes came away. In the end i filled up my easy soak bowl with hot water and acetone and it came away after around half an hour. I have never been so embarrassed in all my life :( We can safely say i have lost a client. I don't understand why it would happen now. Ive used all these products before and never had a problem. Thank you all for your quick replies anyway :)

i dont use gelish but if the client isnt following proper aftercare including using oil and handcream everyday then her nails could have dried out completely and the product is therefore sticking to her nails like glue. It is imperative that clients understand why they need to follow aftercare so that they do it religously x

I always explain to my clients the importance of aftercare and i have a lovely information sheet but not everyone follows your advice. I wasn't aware that products could stick this way.

I can always tell how much a client had used her oil when it comes to removal, Gelish and Shellac remove alot easier. Also the length of time its been on there nails can be a factor.

Maybe that's what it could be then is her nails have dried out. She told me she had been using her solar oil i know she has it because she purchased it from me. Oh no now Ive gone and soaked her nails for ages in acetone.

Don't feel bad about soaking in acetone! It evaporates quickly, is very safe to use and if the client has paid attention to anything you told her she will use her solar oil and all will be well!

Latest posts

Back