Need help for a charity family fortunes question - nail breakages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi010

Reaction score
We are organising a hen do for a friend, she is very much into quiz shows, so we re trying to put together a family fortunes quiz type bit to the night.

I have been tasked with the question:-

"What is the most common cause of breaking a false nail"

{please ignore referance to false nails, I didn't pick the question title}

and so I have to come up with a choice of popular answers.

Some of the girls/women going are those that regular go to salons for one service or another, a lot have not seen their natural nails for years. Some are women that struggle with the concept of a razor.

The majority of us are horse owners or riders, so the obvious answers are plaiting up, tacking up, a dodgy fence where yours truly ragged her thumb nail taking most of it off and screamed, then refused to take her gloves off because I just didn't want to see.

But a lot aren't outdoorsy people and it would be too easy, and obvious, to focus around those type of answers.

So I need 5 most popular answers, but going along the lines of the brides moto of "if you're not cheating, you're not trying"

Give me your 3 most common causes/excuses to break a nail, and your 2 most random causes.

OK.

Car doors.
Making beds.
Dog leads.

Most random: Punching ones husband.
Bricklaying.

Yes these are real. lol

Defo 3 most popular agree with above

Car Doors
making beds
dog leads

2 most random

Just fell off in bed
Just found it in my rubber glove!!

x

I've broken one servicing a lift once... no that is not a typo... I am a lift engineer!

But only once mind you, whereas I have regularly broken nails making beds or loading the washing machine :irked:

....think I'll stick to the engineering and leave the house work to my bloke! :lol:

car doors
cleaning
dogs lead

pulling jeans on
boxing

car doors
cleaning
dogs lead

pulling jeans on
boxing

Yes! I regularly break mine boxing it's a pain in the derrière! Gotta go short these days, booo!

Definitely loading the washing machine - done that a few times!

Latest posts

Back