Need help - should I use a tanning bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coskier

Reaction score
Hello all, I live in a student living complex that has tanning beds in the clubhouse that we can use whenever. I have a few vacations planned this year and want to actually put in some effort to building a base tan before going to these places. I'm not looking to become a dark, "golden" tan color because my skin won't ever be that dark. I simply want a tiny bit color, but more importantly a "base" tan that will allow me to enjoy these vacations a little more. (Side note: I always apply sunscreen often when in the sun to avoid being sunburnt, but maybe just want to not have to worry so much about it)

The reason I'm asking is because my father has had a few skin cancer spots. I have pale skin that doesn't tan super easily, but I'm definitely darker at the end of the summer and have some tan lines - so it can tan. Also I have strawberry-blondish hair and freckles on my shoulders and some light freckles on my face/arms - if that helps determine my "skin type."

Again, I know becoming a nice dark color is unachievable, I just want a bit of a base tan. Would it be okay for me to use the tanning bed maybe once a week for 2-3 minutes? Obviously won't do much, but again, I'm not hoping to become something I can't be! Thanks so much!

Get a spray tan. Much safer. This will give you a base till you naturally tan. As long as you follow aftercare it will last around 7-10 days xx

I think the fact you have asked the questions shows you’re aware it’s not the best idea. Find a good spray tan. Who can look bronzed and be safe.

Latest posts

Back