Need help with a facial question !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VICKYBROOKES

Reaction score
hi all , im grtting very near the end of my facail portfolio now and an answering my last few questions!! one of my questions is , name the actions of the muscle . i have completed all but 2 of the functions on the long list , one of the ones i am stuck with is platysma.
i have so far put - it depresses the jaw and lower lip causing the skin of the neck to wrinkle . Does this sound ok to u ? I am also stuck with the function of the occipitalis , , so far i have put that its the bone forming the rear and bottom of the skull , however i havent been able to find the function anywhere , where would u geeks recommend i look ? i have googled it and have only been able to find out about the bone and not the actual muscle , in a facial treatment we do vibrations on this muscle .Dont want the answers geeks as i like to find stuff out and the i remeber it better for the exams lol ! but have only this qs left befre i hand my work in arghhhhhh !!!!!

hiya
i think your right about them both! the platysma (position) pulls down the lower law, its (action) wrinkles the neck.
the occipitalis position is back of the skull (action) helps with movement of the scalp.
A&P was a right pain when i did it to haha good luck with that test when you get round to it:green:

I've just googled 'actions of facial muscles' and got some really good hits. There's loads of info there, you should find what you need.

I agree, there's nothing more to add. Add my reference books say it wrinkles the back of the scalp.
Good luck x

thanks guys !! i was googling the other way round lol ! facial muscle functions and actions and couldnt find alot !! cheers guys !

Latest posts

Back